Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Rafa being back on the market is going to make him even more unstable.

:thup: Would love Hope or someone to ask him what he makes of the mighty Rafa being back on the job market again [emoji38]

Definitely have to dust himself down after coming back from China.

I’m not ITK - its FOF stuff - but apparently Carr is still trusted by Ashley for football advice.

Good news IMO. Carr was really good and despite MA's transfer restrictions managed to get some real talent through the doors. Hope the idea is to fling Bruce from the premises as soon as Jones is sorted.

Would love it if yesterday's meltdown was because he has been told Benitez is coming back if takeover goes through.

It was weird how he started ranting about Rafa yesterday, and know Rafa is on his way back from China and talking of getting right back into management. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I’d rather have Rafa back so I hope the Jones stuff is wrong, TBH.

Jones to take the reigns for a month until takeover goes through. Assurances of being kept on in Rafa's backroom, instructions to ignore the cabbage.

Yeah, would be easy to keep him on I imagine. It's still a step up from being an assistant at Bournemouth, so good for him too.

Graeme Jones, fwiw, is from another football planet. I've spoken to him. He's close with Graham Potter, they both studied Martinez after retiring and Jones then recommended Potter to Östersunds FK, the club where he made is name in Sweden, when he (Potter) was still a teacher at Leeds Met.

Thinking about all this it's a bit intriguing to see what Jones will do and how he'd work with Bruce. I'm quite convinced he's not someone Bruce has asked for considering his background.

Can add to the stuff I wrote here earlier that Jones is a big NUFC fan, might be one of the reasons he is joining. Listening to Graham Potter for many hours when interviewing him, and drawing conclusions from his footballing mind, I have no idea how his skills or ideas would fit into Bruce's training regime or (non)tactical setup.

One of my favourite quotes from Potter was when he described his experience of coaches in the English league system and said "the coaching never happens" in too many cases, following an argument that too many managers throughout the system was given jobs because of their networks (i.e. who could they potentially sign), not their methods. And so him and Jones, who played together at Boston United, started their coaching careers with that sort of insight. They basically wanted to be the opposite of Bruce.

Steve Bruce is a top manager, stop blaming him, his player have let him down - Paul Merson.

Listen, this alcoholic here says that Steve Bruce, who’s won fuck all in his long career, is a TOP manager. We should really listen to what he has to say!