Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Not unexpected - am sure Ashley has done this before. What it does tell us, is that Bruce is probably going nowhere in the short term. They are drawing the wagons in around him, to provide cover.

We deserve to be relegated. What a poxy club.

Absolutely. It's all so pathetic honestly.

Bruce only really does well in places with really low expectations - Hull, Blues, Wigan.

Anywhere with bigger expectations (us, you, Sunderland) and he fails. One reason for that is he isn't the biggest personality in the club, the back-slapping geeing up the lads and hoping for the best will not work.

The knock on effect of that is he very quickly becomes defensive - it's the fans' fault. We had that loads - easily the biggest budget and wage bill in the championship, easily the best squad, playing grindingly awful football that got shown up by any team who pass it a bit - it's just that there aren't many teams who play that way in the championship so he gets away with it.

Under him in the championship, I remember Brentford (under Smith) coming to our place and absolutely playing us off the park, it was like they were from a different planet in terms of playing style, we looked like an absolute anachronism.

I remember thinking - stay with me on this - we were a bit like the French army in 1940. Totally ready and equipped to fight the war - the first world war. We had just stood still and although he ground out enough results to keep us there or thereabouts, you saw in the play off final against Fulham, we were no match for a footballing side.

It is absolutely nothing to do with the demands of the fans at your place, the result would be the same at pretty much any club in the top flight.

I'll be gutted if we do but fluking a result against Leeds would not surprise me because despite the quality in their play and movement they do look vulnerable, almost naïve at times

Tend to agree, but then I remember we have absolutely no goal threat.

Bruce only really does well in places with really low expectations - Hull, Blues, Wigan.

Anywhere with bigger expectations (us, you, Sunderland) and he fails. One reason for that is he isn't the biggest personality in the club, the back-slapping geeing up the lads and hoping for the best will not work.

The knock on effect of that is he very quickly becomes defensive - it's the fans' fault. We had that loads - easily the biggest budget and wage bill in the championship, easily the best squad, playing grindingly awful football that got shown up by any team who pass it a bit - it's just that there aren't many teams who play that way in the championship so he gets away with it.

Under him in the championship, I remember Brentford (under Smith) coming to our place and absolutely playing us off the park, it was like they were from a different planet in terms of playing style, we looked like an absolute anachronism.

I remember thinking - stay with me on this - we were a bit like the French army in 1940. Totally ready and equipped to fight the war - the first world war. We had just stood still and although he ground out enough results to keep us there or thereabouts, you saw in the play off final against Fulham, we were no match for a footballing side.

It is absolutely nothing to do with the demands of the fans at your place, the result would be the same at pretty much any club in the top flight.

That's such an accurate summation of Bruce's career it's almost painful to read. I still think Pardew is from the same mould, absolutely nothing beyond the self promotion and reputation built decades ago. I don't even think Bruce is a championship manager, there are probably loads of managers in the lower divisions who would do a better job given the same resources.

As usual, a great post.

You’re literally the only thing I like about Aston Villa.

I reckon the decision making processes at the top of our club are terrible. I dont mean the actual decisions (we already knew they were terrible). I mean the hoops that you have to jump through to convince Ashley of making a change, signing a check, making a transfer etc. Its bad enough when you have someone completely unqualified in Charnley, being advised by the spawn of satan in Keith Bishop, but to actually form a coherent plan and get it signed off by the boss must be almost impossible.

I imagine its returning to the bunker with an escape plan, only to realise that the fuhrer has lost his mind and cant see the russian artillery on the horizon.

Not only are the decisions terrible but even getting a decision seems a fucking chore with these lot.

If its not Bruce who made the decision on Greame Jones, then who is in Mike Ashley's ear trying to add to Bruce's backroom staff? Surely both Ashley and Charnley's football knwwledge is not that deep to pluck a coach from a Championship side? I mean, is it the same bloke who advised Ashley to waste his money paying compensation to Sheff Wednesday to get this c*** here in the first place? Must be Bishop?

If its not Bruce who made the decision on Greame Jones, then who is in Mike Ashley's ear trying to add to Bruce's backroom staff? Surely both Ashley and Charnley's football knwwledge is not that deep to pluck a coach from a Championship side? I mean, is it the same bloke who advised Ashley to waste his money paying compensation to Sheff Wednesday to get this c*** here in the first place? Must be Bishop?

If I remember correctly he was way down the shopping list, plenty of others supposed to have turned the job down - Bruce might have even been the 10th choice?

Steve Nickson?

Steve Nickson?

Good shout. Before last night's interview, think everyone just assumed that Jones was Bruce's choice. Seeing he was from up here, no one actually bothered. But Bruce being p*ssed off in that interview, not claiming any credit for it, curious as to who identified Jones to join the coaching team. Can see Bruce will try to stop that transfer if he could in any way possible.

If it is Carr, then he should be banging Ashley’s door down telling him to get rid of the fat cunt completely.

As folk have said, I’d be surprised if part of the rationale wasn’t that he could take over on a temporary basis if needs be

Ashley’s next appointment after Bruce whoever and whenever that may be can get fucked an all mind, need to do what we do best and hound that next cunt out too. Don’t stop until Ashley has gone

It’s what we do best and are good at hounding out incompetent wankers, done it 7 or 8 times off the top of my head since Dalglish

"Who has fully endorsed the appointment" :lol: he was raging when asked about it after the Villa game ffs.

Fully and enthusiastically endorsed the appointment after being told he'd be sacked if he didn't.  Or maybe that it was going to happen whether he endorsed it or not.