Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Bruce has shown himself to have not only never been tactically adept but no man manager.  He never learned anything from SAF.  SAF learned to adapt to the foreign invasion (of both players and mangers) and used his management skills to get his teams to buy into his tactical tweaks.  Before you can get the players to buy in you have to be able to counter others tactics by adapting your own.  Any sport that is tactic reliant is always evolving as good managers or coaches are adjusting to and countering what the other does.

It's one thing to suddenly press higher and force quick turnovers but what do you when your opponent parks the bus?  A good manager will always have a plan B (or C) in his pocket.  He will have drilled his team in how to go about and implement the change tactically.  His players will be comfortable with the tactical shift because they've prepared for it and its been discussed with them.

So imagine you start with a structured 433, you press higher up the pitch with lethal intent.  Your opponent sees this and sits back more and makes his team harder to break down.  The good manager implements plan B.  Your CF is instructed to roam more and drag around a defender or two.  Your wide forwards and perhaps a CM are instructed to move into the open space.

Or maybe your opponent has been pillaging down the right hand side with a wide man and an overlapping fullback.  Make the decision before the game to take that immobile left CM off and play a younger more mobile to cover cover that flank.  Also your left sided forward will know that when the FB overlaps that he has to have an eye on moving into his space for cover.  Now that young LB won't be pinned back and afraid to get forward because he knows he's got cover.

And the best part is that as the players see their manager make these adjustments they gain confidence in him.  They know his changes will work and they won't be hung out to dry.  Trust is built. 

Who are you more likely to run through a brick wall for:  the manager who puts you in position to succeed or the manager who keeps telling you you have to run through a brick wall for them?

This is how Bruce gets totally exposed as a fraud.  He can never be a good man manager because eventually all the back clapping and clichés are exposed to be just words with absolutely nothing to back them up.

What a post!  Take a bow!  :clap:

Emmerson Boyce was the man who lifted the cup as club captain that day at Wembley and the former defender, who previously worked under Steve Bruce, can see how Jones will complement his ex-manager.

"Graeme had a similar trait to Roberto where no other team is bigger than you," Boyce told ChronicleLive.

the bacon licking dust buster will not be happy with that.

I mean Kirkland's a fucking prick, so is it worth watching? Will I want to punch the wanker through my screen?

Rafa was tough, didnt care about personal lives. De Matteo (or Martinez, he changes his mind part way) said you shouldnt have kids and you're a champion's league team and bruce is such a wonderful human being and great manager. Knew who your wife was etc. It's screen punchable like yeah.

I mean Kirkland's a fucking prick, so is it worth watching? Will I want to punch the wanker through my screen?

I watched some of it, Kirkland talking about how tough training was under Rafa because he was football obsessed. You’d think that was a good thing, but Kirkland and the other no mark cunts in the video use it against him.

Can’t see Rafa giving two fucks what Chris Kirkland thinks mind, best known for being put on the deck by a Leeds fan who shoved him the soft cunt.

I mean Kirkland's a f***ing prick, so is it worth watching? Will I want to punch the w***** through my screen?

Yes is the answer

Rafa is 100% football focused, gets results but nobody likes him

Martinez doesn't believe in footballers having kids

Bruce is the best of the lot, always asking how the kids are.

I don't think any of us doubt that the players like Bruce. By all accounts he's a nice fella, but he is by every measure available a shit football manager and contrary to what Kirkland says, his CV backs that up.

Being a nice guy used to be enough but it isn't now, when every top manager is slicing and dicing the game and opposition to find a competitive advantage. Just sending on a bunch of ill-prepared players out with nothing more than 'do it for your kids' is going to get you beaten 9 times our of ten. 

Keepers are the worst players to ask anyway - regardless of who the manager is their role barely changes.