Neon Genesis Evangelion Rebuild series. 4 movies retelling the series. On amazon prime. Evangelion has held a special place for me since the original series in the 90’s. These movies are great. They make zero sense but it’s more about the psychological battles the individual characters face a long the way.

Probably helps if you have watched the original series but I suggest checking them out anyway.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Mike changed the title to The Anime Thread

Can't vouch beyond season 2 or 3 but Attack on Titan S1 is brilliant. I've heard it gets much much better towards the end.

Basically anything thats famous and actually complete will no doubt be good.

The first season of the show I posted above you is outrageous and on Netflix. Demon Slayer.

8 minutes ago, Facundo Ferreyra said:

I used to hate anime, just couldn't get into it at all, hated the art style. Then I saw AKIRA at the cinema last year and it blew me away. I started watching Cowboy Bebop last week and it seems cool. Any recommendations for entry level stuff? Cheers :)

Death Note might be a good one too.

I fucking loved the film so no regrets. I'm such a sad bastard, but I rewatched the dark forest arc from Season 1 over the weekend. 

S1 and film spoilers only

Spoiler

Wouldn't Shinobu Kocho (poisonous sword butterly hashira) have utterly fucked up the upper-6 Kizuki from the film? One laceration and that guy is toast.

Might try and read the manga for the bit I've already watched up to. Just to see what the dropoff is like... I imagine it's substantial enough for me not to want to consume the rest that way, but the upside if it is satisfactory, is huge. :lol:

I'm so pre-emptively angry at how much time they're going to dedicate to Zenitsu daydreaming or swooning over Nezuko in the anime. Goddamit.

They should be imprisoned. They're masters of their craft. They create these crack addicts with their timeworn anime secret sauce, then drip feed the good stuff over the course of decades.

I was actually listening to a podcast about the economics of anime/attempts to offshore it, and the shortage of artists, and how the whole production process is completely different  to TV shows/films. Really interesting (from a dispassionate point of view).

Japanese TV and films have been absolutely dogshit for as long as I can recall. So whatever anime is doing it works. The fucking isekai shit has to stop, save a few good'uns.

• Rich changed the title to Anime
1 hour ago, Mike said:

Wor lass had no interest in seeing it.

What a weirdo.

:lol:

Anyway, I don't think I've seen season 5. Feel like MHA peaked real soon though, so not really desperate to catch up.