Scrap the licence fee

Guest The Little Waster

Nah I'll keep paying it thanks. Easily get my moneys worth via the website, radio and bits of tv I watch. Just because the fees for TV talent are ridiculous thats not an argument to scrap it.

On principle it’s hard to argue for the bbc and license fee, though the thought of yet another channel signaling reality television through our screens is unbearable.

It's really not.

Well there are people who are not happy with the b.b.c and don’t want to pay the license fee so why should they?

You don't have to if you don't want access to live tv or BBC iPlayer.

Well there are people who are not happy with the b.b.c and don’t want to pay the license fee so why should they?

You don’t? Oh well my bad carry on peeps

the license fee is for live TV and BBC iPlayer.  You do not have to pay if you only stream from likes of Netflix etc.

Because, like many other things that you may not "use" but still have to pay for, a public service broadcaster that is not beholden to the market is an overwhelming societal benefit.

the license fee is for live TV and BBC iPlayer.  You do not have to pay if you only stream from likes of Netflix etc.

:thup:

Paid for it during the world cup last year, haven't since.  Don't agree with forcing it to become a commercial platform though. 

Public Broadcasters are a good thing.

Spend 20 minutes flicking through Italian television for a glimpse into a world where news broadcasting, political discourse and all cultural output is left entirely at the behest of the market and it's a truly dark vision.