Joelinton

Stifler

That's right, good managers have systematic approaches to tackling a particular opponent and will clearly communicate each player's role in the system. You can do wonders with limited players by making them "functional" whatever their skill level. We need Howe to find everyone's function and optimise them if we're to stay up.

While I am optmistic that Howe will get better performances from a number of our players, I am a bit put off by suggestions that he'll unlock overlooked talents by trying players out at different positions on the pitch.  This, after complaining about Bruce's penchant for playing X, Y, and Z "out of position". Had quite enough of that, thank you. 

Also, I didn't find the Tifo Joelinton video (posted above) depressing at all. It was actually quite encouraging. They identified how Joelinton had bben successful at Hoffenheim where they attempted to press from the front. And that he hasn't been able to play off Almirion and Asm because they're playing too deep and he's isolated up front. It's almost as though the people who made the video had watched some films if Newcastle United-- something that was utterly beyond Bruce. I'm expecting Howe ti get the most out of Joelinton by pkaying him in his correct position and leveraging his strengths.

4 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

While I am optmistic that Howe will get better performances from a number of our players, I am a bit put off by suggestions that he'll unlock overlooked talents by trying players out at different positions on the pitch.  This, after complaining about Bruce's penchant for playing X, Y, and Z "out of position". Had quite enough of that, thank you. 

Also, I didn't find the Tifo Joelinton video (posted above) depressing at all. It was actually quite encouraging. They identified how Joelinton had bben successful at Hoffenheim where they attempted to press from the front. And that he hasn't been able to play off Almirion and Asm because they're playing too deep and he's isolated up front. It's almost as though the people who made the video had watched some films if Newcastle United-- something that was utterly beyond Bruce. I'm expecting Howe ti get the most out of Joelinton by pkaying him in his correct position and leveraging his strengths.

Until Joelinton has a position in which he resembles a professional footballer it's impossible to play him out of it.

A change of coach should do him good. He has the attributes to be useful as a crude Felliani type playmaker rather than a main striker, or wide player.

Just give him simple instruction, like control the ball and pass it to Wilson or ASM and he could be potentially effective.

Im still naïve in hoping there's still a player in there aren't I? 

Howe is not a miracle worker but you’d love to see some kind of upturn in his form, even just for the lad himself who has totally destroyed his career by coming here. Even if it’s just to get him to the level that someone in the 2nd tier of nations takes a chance on him and he goes off to be a decent sized fish in a medium pond. 

The sheer delusion involved in hoping that he will be anything other than total dogshit and that he shouldn’t be carried out the building immediately worries me somewhat. Give him two games max and if he’s still chronic fire him back to Germany out of a centrifuge. Infuriating footballer. 

5 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

The sheer delusion involved in hoping that he will be anything other than total dogshit and that he shouldn’t be carried out the building immediately worries me somewhat. Give him two games max and if he’s still chronic fire him back to Germany out of a centrifuge. Infuriating footballer. 

I don;t think we'll need two games. If there is going to be any improvement it will be instantly recognisable. 

I think every player deserves to get a fresh start, both from the manager and hopefully from the fans as well.

It may not work out but at least we'll have given them a fair chance this time.

I can't imagine coming to one of the most competitive leagues in the world, with huge expectations due to your transfer fee, only to then have Steve Bruce as your manager.

I dont believe any player "deserves" anything it is up to them to prove it was the system/ man management/ the other players around them etc that was at fault for their own poor form.

We should if we can allow them time to "hang themselves" but I hope its a more ruthless Newcastle we see going forward. Gone are the days I hope that because they cost us money and are on decent wage we need to keep on persisting with someone who isnt up to task. If your not good enough your not good enough and see them gone or playing in the reserves until they can get gone. 

2 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Well, yes.  But we have several counter-examples of players who were pretty useful under Rafa and are now "total dogshit".  I am all for a bit of optimism and hope. It's been a long time coming.

The manager sets the tone and that tone for the last 2 years has been laziness, no tactics, all you can eat buffets and food comas. I think every player should get a chance and ultimately I think Howe will either improve them or weed them out. We need to not boo or get on players backs as it will take time and I think some players will improve massively from not having that obese bacon scoffing cabbage cunt waddling on the sidelines

The title of the video is just a tad over the top but some nice touches, especially in around the midfield.

If you think that over the last few years, our movement has been non existent, we’ve been unfit and unprepared, it’s not impossible to imagine him turning into a more important member of the squad.

20 hours ago, Abacus said:

I think every player deserves to get a fresh start, both from the manager and hopefully from the fans as well.

How many people a couple of years ago would have said that Luke Shaw would be a regular in the England team ? 

Just look at the difference a change of manager has done for his confidence and that's all it is - confidence - get behind the team, players and manager - that's all that's needed - the rest is down to them.