Joelinton

Stifler

5 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Such a shame he didn't smack the winner in towards the end. For a right footer he seems to hate using his right foot in shooting scenarios, it's so strange. 

Is he really right footed? Look at "Joelinton - Top 5 Goals" on yt from his Hoffenheim days. In 3 of the goals he does practically the same thing as he tried today. Getting the ball onto his left foot, and shooting in the far corner.

11 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Is he really right footed? Look at "Joelinton - Top 5 Goals" on yt from his Hoffenheim days. In 3 of the goals he does practically the same thing as he tried today. Getting the ball onto his left foot, and shooting in the far corner.

Aye, he's definitely right footed, like. It's obviously just his thing to cut inside like that. 

He was better but, he’s still Joelinton, with the same flaws. When ASM broke at 3-3 his ability to adjust to the pass was so so bad. He’s so slow in everything, even when he beats a man it’s slow. I’m struggling to explain here, speed everything he does by 10% and you might get a player; you’ll never get a goal scorer.

That stumble at the end was literally down to lack of fitness, his studs got caught in the ground and you could see his legs just go to jelly, he was done at that point. Like a car running on fumes. They all were really.

I’m not going to blame him for that, today was by some distance the best he’s ever been for us. He was a handful from the start, especially tracking back and regaining possession. Clever footwork to make space in midfield and strong on the ball, good defensive work at the back. Total all round performance.

He’ll get some amount of confidence from that. Another few weeks of better training and we could have a totally different animal on our hands.

Just begs the question, just how unfit did Steve Bruce have this squad?

Immense performance from Big Joe, I can't get over it.  He was all over the pitch, he'd be defending our box and 10 seconds later be up the field laying balls off in attack and then back again.  Some quality touches on the ball and I'm not gonna blame him for that chance at the end.  He'd worked his bollocks off for 90 minutes and his legs just failed him.

Nagelsman liked him a lot, when we bought him Klopp was quoted as referring to it as a really good signing, Howe comes in and says good things about him having worked with him in training a couple of weeks. These are all sensible managers that have something about them.

Think he was just very unfortunate to have come in under that joker Bruce that not only had him playing in a horrifically negative team, but also couldn't be bothered to even get the players fit enough, never mind actually giving them any kind of direction or instructions to help improve them.

Thing about Joe is he seems the sort that will always just do what he is told and never complain but needs a lot of guidance and so not really a player with natural in game instincts, and so with a great coach and tactician he will follow instructions well and so will look a lot better, and with an incompetent clown he will then just look completely lost and ineffective.

I mean we all already knew what a disaster Bruce was, but it is going to become increasingly evident the extent to which he was really tanking the value of every single aspect of the club, while taking days off and going off on holidays mid season.

Edited by KaKa

I feel under Howe he will probably contribute more goals, but as decent as he was yesterday, look at Shelvey who was too and they are the same level of ‘performer’ over a course of a season, liabilities. 

Edited by HTT II