Joelinton

Stifler

Can anyone name a worse record signing by any premier league club? Has to be a record signing.

If you broadened it to any professional football club in the world I still couldn't.  No club in the universe screws simple things up on the scale that we do.

You know what i’d just play Carroll until Wilson is back in the absence of anyone else - Gayle doesn’t care and Joe is a lost cause

Carroll FFS :lol:

Wilson is back in 2 games hopefully  :lol: - last I checked we didn’t have Mbappe to call on - got no other option but to play this lump

Considering we seem to have resorted to long throws and even more hoof ball than usual.  May as well play the big useless knacker.

Which is my point Vlad - we have no one else

Considering we seem to have resorted to long throws and even more hoof ball than usual.  May as well play the big useless knacker.

That’s another thing that pissed me off yesterday. Bruce “not messing with the system” yet we spent the whole game blasting long balls and king throws  at an Allardyce team.

The only times he looks semi-competent is when he gets the ball under control and uses his height to turn and run with it directly. He's a big lump so he's awkward to get the ball off. But he doesn't do it anywhere near enough.

However...the slightest bit of physical contact and he crumbles. He's not the slowest big guy either, as demonstrated by his chance vs west brom. But he neither has the ability, composure or confidence to score or even take a shot.

He would actually score alot more if he could just connect with a shot as well. That scuffed left footer was actually a great chance yesterday but simply can't kick a ball with any force.

The problem is we have very little else in reserve. Especially as Bruce's is go to tactic is pump it long to him. Plus for some reason we do sometimes seem to get noticeably worse in games when we bring Gayle on, or Murphy etc. Probably more so because the idiot in charge has no idea how to play to their strengths. 

I still can't believe he didn't shoot when he was through yesterday, like. It was absolutely perfect for him. He had the ball under control at full stride and it was on his stronger foot. He seems to take all of his shots with his weaker 'Cheesestrings' left, which also baffles me.

Joelinton's best attribute is guarding the ball or hold up play and he can pass reasonably. He would be better off as a midfielder or just a sub. They're literally just doing it to justify their stupidity in being advised to flog 40m on him.  Its 100% about someone's ego. Surely not even a meat head like Bruce really wants to use him,  he's probably been told he has to though.

Only worth while bringing of the bench if we were like 2-0 and cruising it. Don’t think that’s been the case since Bournemouth away last season. Your pissing into the wind think he can come on a grab a goal, or create something.

It pains me to think he has to start for us, but with those three that be injured alternatives are just as hopeless.

He seems competent enough at getting his fat arse in between defend and ball, and playing it off safe. Anything more than that is a roll of a dice.

Has anyone worked on shooting with him?

Would rather someone just shot him tbh

:lol:

I was actually thinking over the weekend if someone like Shearer could not make a decent footballer out of him yet. Apart from an obvious lack of technical ability when it comes to hitting a ball (which can be worked on at the training ground) the main issue is a complete lack of hunger and drive to get into goal scoring positions, something in which Shearer excelled. You look at Joelinton and think he has something about him, but he's completely goal shy and when he does get into a goalscoring position he just seems to shrink. Makes you wonder what kind of training our centre forwards do quite frankly.