Joelinton

Stifler

He absolutely rinsed England's Tyrone Mings tbf. His decision making and final ball are both still abysmal, though.

He rag-dolled him a fair few times. It's just a shame he's absolutely useless whenever he gets into anything approaching a dangerous position.

So frustrating. Just looks scared to make a decision, or incapable of making one. Every time he gets near the box, he just delays it, slows down, loses the ball via a tackle or having his pass or shot blocked.

Such a waste of money and so poor in the final third.

Certainly wasn’t the worst player on the pitch. He’s always going to be the scapegoat because of the price tag.

Seems like most people are correctly saying he looked quality a lot of the time tonight. Then an absolute bag of shit when he got near or in the box.

I do think his price tag amplifies it. But his consistently bad performances would be slated, whoever it was putting them in. He just doesn’t really offer much as an attacking threat.

Some great comments tonight about him and he certainly divides opinion.  I can't stand the footballer (I'm sure he's a nice bloke).  However tonight I really tried to be neutral when watching the game.  Two or three times I screamed at the TV "yes go, go on, oh for f#ck sake".  The bloke is absolutely hopeless and has no chance to ever score a goal.  I was pleading to the TV to introduce Caroll, yes I wanted Caroll on the pitch instead of that useless lump.  That's how poor I think Joelinton is.

He’s done about a million times better than Dwight Gayle tonight

He's fucking shite man stop trying to make excuses for him

What excuse? I think he did ok tonight

He needed to show more killer instinct, nothing new there, but he was better than Gayle by a long way.

Wrong!  Gayle was played way out of position.

Did some okay things outside the box but once he gets anywhere near the final third he's fucking useless. Looks so unnatural as a footballer. Did well v Mings but nothing ever came from it, as he's absolutely wank.

Did some okay things outside the box but once he gets anywhere near the final third he's f***ing useless. Looks so unnatural as a footballer. Did well v Mings but nothing ever came from it, as he's absolutely w***.

Totally correct he’s fucking shit.

He’s done about a million times better than Dwight Gayle tonight

He's fucking shite man stop trying to make excuses for him

What excuse? I think he did ok tonight

He needed to show more killer instinct, nothing new there, but he was better than Gayle by a long way.

Wrong!  Gayle was played way out of position.

Agree, Gayle should have been played through the middle, but I'm judging on what they did for the team on the night, and Joelinton contributed much more. As I said earlier, not even sure why they couldn't have been swapped as you will get probably the same contribution from Joe even when he's played wide.

As someone noted a few pages back, in 60 games or so he's never hit a clean shot for us. Not one.

He was bought as an attacking player and he has displayed zero ability in that area. Just because he holds the ball up a couple of times during a game (loses it mostly) doesn’t mean he should be given praise. The one area he was bought to add to the team, he fails miserably fame after game after game.

After that Spurs goal there was some debate as to whether his heavy touch to take it away from the defender was on purpose or whether he miscontrolled it and it worked out. I think it's safe to say, it was just a s**** touch.

I've just watched it back. He scuffed the fucker straight into the ground  :lol: