Joelinton

Stifler

He’s nowhere near a £40m player....ever,  but I’m still holding out hope there’s a better player than we’ve seen in there. Coming into a new league and being coached by the 3 Steves was never going to work out well. Get the takeover done, get a managers and some coaches with credentials in and then let’s judge him fairly. If he’s still as shit as he is now, send him to the glue factory.

I’ve still got a sneaky suspicion he might prove us all wrong and become a bit of a fan favourite. But not under Bruce

He might just be one of those players that needs crystal clear direction, ironically the kind of direction he would get under someone like Rafa.

Being told to go out, run around a bit and make a nuisance of himself is not effective management for someone who is clearly struggling.

He has no redeeming qualities. It's not even a case of 'theres a player in there somewhere'. He's too slow and cumbersome for this level. He doesn't have good enough technique or physical presence to make up for it either.

Consistently breaks up rare, good passages of play. More often when were breaking, it falls to him and we lose all momentum.

Had enough of him now, sell him, send him out on loan, whatever. There's no benefit to having him in the team at all. 

6 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Two Haalands. Even from the same league.

:lol: I doubt there are two strikers in the world that contrast much more than those two. One is powerful, direct, constantly trying to put the ball and the keeper in the net, the other a lump of jelly who can't seem to kick it accurately more than 2 yards and has all the awareness and bravery of a fucking hedgehog. Got to be the most bent deal ever.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

• 3 months later...

Joelinton replied: “It’s a dream. Newcastle is a great club, but they are below those others. I know that to get to this level I need to work harder and make a better season than what I’ve done here. I want to play in the Champions League again, but that just depends on what I do at Newcastle. Things happen very fast in football. I have to keep working, confident, with positive thinking.”

Also asked about how he fits into Bruce’s system for the Magpies, he said: “It has been changing in recent years. In the first season I played very isolated up front, the formation was different, and that hurt me a little bit. Since last season we have been playing with two strikers and that has improved. Steve Bruce knows me well and knows how I like acting. I also know what he likes and I hope to have a great championship.”

Joelinton replied: “It’s a dream. Newcastle is a great club, but they are below those others. I know that to get to this level I need to work harder and make a better season than what I’ve done here. I want to play in the Champions League again, but that just depends on what I do at Newcastle. Things happen very fast in football. I have to keep working, confident, with positive thinking.”

I hope he has been working hard in the Pre Season to have those kinds of aspirations. [emoji38]

https://www.uol.com.br/esporte/colunas/rodrigo-coutinho/2021/08/15/joelinton-mira-evolucao-por-big-six-e-chance-na-selecao.htm The full interview 

"Nas últimas duas temporadas você foi muito mais titular do que reserva da equipe e marcou contra times do ''Big Six'', como Tottenham e Manchester City. Acha que pode alcançar um desses clubes na carreira?" was the question

Maybe poor translation as others on Twitter have suggested but "In the last two seasons you've been much more of a starting lineup than a team reserve and have scored against ''Big Six'' teams like Tottenham and Manchester City. Do you think you can reach one of these clubs in your career?"