Joelinton

Stifler

5 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

One goal every 11 games in the league. Might have to step it up a notch or two if you want to join a 'bigger club' Joe. 

:lol: aye. Ciaran Clark has one every 8.5 games for us in the PL.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Football player hideously misused and doesn’t perform shocker.

If my boss asked me to carry out a role I’m totally unsuitable for, in a failing team, I probably wouldn’t be particularly motivated either.

He's a striker, what we really need from one of those is goals. He did some good work yesterday, but the only goal we scored came from a full back. 

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

He's a striker, what we really need from one of those is goals. He did some good work yesterday, but the only goal we scored came from a full back. 

He’s not suited to the role being asked of him.  Put ASM as a DM and he’ll probably be as ineffective.

It’s unsurprising he’s not scoring goals in this team and system. He’s not a poacher who will score with his one attempt on goal, which is often all our strikers get in games. He’s also not a target man. Bruce tries to use him in those two systems and it’s totally wrong.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He’s not suited to the role being asked of him.  Put ASM as a DM and he’ll probably be as ineffective.

It’s unsurprising he’s not scoring goals in this team and system. He’s not a poacher who will score with his one attempt on goal, which is often all our strikers get in games. He’s also not a target man. Bruce tries to use him in those two systems and it’s totally wrong.

The difficulty yesterday was every kick from Woodman was directed towards him and as you've said he isn't a target man. 50% of the time he will either bring it down well on his chest, but mainly it is a flick on to no one or he gets crowded out and its totally ineffective. It looks like the meticulous plan is for us to take an age distributing from our keeper towards Joe or for our defence to play a long ball down the flanks in the hope that ASM/Wilson can get the ball. The planning suits absolutely no one and the fact it has been 5 games so far without success is showing a lack of management, ability and motivation to do anything about it.

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I think he'd be more effective if we played 4-4-2 and pressed high up the pitch. He still wouldn't score many, but he'd probably create chances for others because he's got good feet and can put in some decent flicks and touches into dangerous areas. 

9 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

What role is best for him? Because he cannot shoot or cross a ball.

4 minutes ago, Slim said:

What role is best for him? Because he cannot shoot or cross a ball.

He’s much better running at defenders with the ball, I think IIRC most of his Hoffenheim goals that I saw were in that sort of position too.

He needs to be played just behind/alongside a striker. I think he’d have been effective with someone like Rondon in the Perez position.

But we don’t buy players with a plan on how to use them. We buy players with a plan on how to sell them.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

He’s much better running at defenders with the ball, I think IIRC most of his Hoffenheim goals that I saw were in that sort of position too.

He needs to be played just behind/alongside a striker. I think he’d have been effective with someone like Rondon in the Perez position.

But we don’t buy players with a plan on how to use them. We buy players with a plan on how to sell them.

He's not especially good at passing and when get gets a chance or 3 he will miss/fall over.

2015–2019 Hoffenheim 29app 7 Goal's in a shit league.

3 minutes ago, Slim said:

He's not especially good at passing and when get gets a chance or 3 he will miss/fall over.

2015–2019 Hoffenheim 29app 7 Goal's in a shit league.

I’m not saying he’d turn into Messi, but he’d contribute a lot more being played in a position he is capable of.

Presume the reason he does not play in the position is because he is not better than the players who already do/can.  So basically its upfront or nowt.

Also be happy with nowt.

Edited by Slim

1 minute ago, Slim said:

Presume the reason he does not play in the position is because he is not better than the players who already do/can.  So basically its upfront or nowt.

They must be pretty shit as well then if he's getting played in their position. 

He's like an expensive pair of shoes that are too small for you, but as you can't get a refund for them you wear them no matter what in a vain attempt to get your moneys worth.....

Edited by Beth

23 minutes ago, Beth said:

He's like an expensive pair of shoes that are too small for you, but as you can't get a refund for them you wear them no matter what in a vain attempt to get your moneys worth.....

Then the alternative is wearing a pair of Primark trainers with the soles coming loose at the seams. 

I find it so irritating that the first time we drop a mega amount on one player, which should turn out to be our best player and regular match winner, we end up with someone that doesn't really deserve to even warrant a spot on our bench.

31 minutes ago, Beth said:

[emoji38] Yes, but just like the small shoes, Joelinton should be chucked in the bin.

Edited by Dancing Brave

The bloke is an absolute cunt. It’s not even the fact he is absolutely total shit, but his total lack of effort is laughable. He reacted quicker to try and get Ronaldo’s shirt at the end of the game than he did over the whole 90 minutes. The fact the scout who earmarked him is still the chief scout, tells you everything about this club.