Joelinton

Stifler

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I actually think he’d make a decent CM for some reason. 

Yep, not a DM because he generally shirks the defensive side of his game and not an AM because he would rather go sideways, backwards recede into himself or pass rather than get into the box and give it a go. Somewhere he can hold up the ball, dribble 5-10 yards and pass it short neatly and he is golden.

5 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We could easily play a 4231 type thing. 

To me that’s been the obvious formation for ages but never gets tried. Wilson up top, Gayle if/when he’s injured… ASM and Fraser/Murphy on the wings, Miggy in CAM with Joelinton as cover in those positions also. Shelvey nowhere near the pitch. 

Makes a bit too much sense though tbh. 

Just now, Ed210 said:

no he wasn’t. Ryan Fraser was horrific. Joe did ok last night. 

He held the ball up a few times - wow. As soon as he got anywhere near the opposing box he demonstrated totally how shit he is. The bloke does absolutely fuck all time and time again where it matters.

14 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

He held the ball up a few times - wow. As soon as he got anywhere near the opposing box he demonstrated totally how shit he is. The bloke does absolutely fuck all time and time again where it matters.

who passed to ASM for his goal?

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

A pass a schoolboy would make [emoji38], it was ASM who made that goal nobody else. 

the age of the passer or the difficulty of the pass is irrelevant to your argument. He made a pass and it mattered

Blokes on £60k a week. Cost £40m and we’re discussing if his ability to pass a ball 10 yards makes this acceptable. 

for that money he should be bossing the midfield or wherever the fuck he plays and regularly making game changing plays 

In my opinion he’s shown nothing to differentiate him between any of the players we’ve actually moved on  in the summer. 

it’s Alain Boumbsong all over again. 

3 minutes ago, RS said:

Blokes on £60k a week. Cost £40m and we’re discussing if his ability to pass a ball 10 yards makes this acceptable. 

for that money he should be bossing the midfield or wherever the fuck he plays and regularly making game changing plays 

In my opinion he’s shown nothing to differentiate him between any of the players we’ve actually moved on  in the summer. 

it’s Alain Boumbsong all over again. 

Exactly and he's the worst signing in the history of this club imho if you factor in the money spent. 

For £40m he should be easily the best player in the squad. End of. He's a massive fucking dud. We should be trying to offload for as much as possible and signing someone who can actually improve us. Sadly the longer he is with us the less chance of making any money back. Even if we signed him for £4m I'd think he was shite and would rather we replaced him someone who can contribute more.

28 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’d say he looked an OK £10-15m player last night, which for him is pretty good.

Doesn’t help us deal with the fact we spent a decade’s budget on an attacker who never threatens the goal, but that’s a different question. 

That's what he is, a bog standard PL level AM playing under a shite manager since the moment he arrived.  

Just now, mrmojorisin75 said:

pull yourself together karen

Howay man, he does nothing any other nothing average footballer would do. I’ve seen players at much lower levels do more than he does better than he does. 

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Howay man, he does nothing any other nothing average footballer would do. I’ve seen players at much lower levels do more than he does better than he does. 

You appear to be in the minority these days imo.  If you're able to put aside the fee and the fact he's not a striker you'd see he's doing fairly well overall in that left side role, albeit without the production.  He's also improved on his physicality this season in particular imo, getting really stuck in much more and using his size.

I don't get the lower level comment, wouldn't that be because they were playing at a lower level? :lol:

5 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

You appear to be in the minority these days imo.  If you're able to put aside the fee and the fact he's not a striker you'd see he's doing fairly well overall in that left side role, albeit without the production.  He's also improved on his physicality this season in particular imo, getting really stuck in much more and using his size.

I don't get the lower level comment, wouldn't that be because they were playing at a lower level? :lol:

The fee means nowt, it’s his attributes or lack of, and lower level, he’d still look as shit as he does at this level. There is nothing remotely redeeming at all about him, he has zero attributes, name one or two? 

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

The fee means nowt, it’s his attributes or lack of, and lower level, he’d still look as shit as he does at this level. There is nothing remotely redeeming at all about him, he has zero attributes, name one or two? 

He has the physical attributes to play in the PL, his pace is decent for his size, he's tactically disciplined and imo grafts for the team.

He's not top class at any of these things but he's good enough at the them all to make him a decent all round player.