Joelinton

Stifler

4 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

He has the physical attributes to play in the PL, his pace is decent for his size, he's tactically disciplined and imo grafts for the team.

He's not top class at any of these things but he's good enough at the them all to make him a decent all round player.

He doesn’t have pace, sorry, and tactically he’s a coward, he sticks to his position and doesn’t take risks, if he gets told to say play here, he does and he does it in a way that eliminates any risks so he’s basically playing safe, and grafting for the team, howay man, that should be a given and in that regard he’s a coward because again he doesn’t take risks and just does the basics and even then he does them in an average way. To say he’s a decent all-round player, sorry, but you’re talking crap. I’ll agree to disagree, but I think he’d be bang average at Championship level and has zero redeeming attributes at all. 

He has very raw attributes that should be suitable in the Premier League, but mentally he won't ever achieve this. A prime example was winning the ball back, dribbling past two Leeds players and then breaking down in their box when failing to decide to pass or shoot resulting in him falling on the deck. The way we play doesn't help him at all, but he has proven over the two-three seasons so far he won't make much improvement in current setup.

3 hours ago, Consortium of one said:

I think the fact that I have to struggle to find a consistent positive to his game says it all.  He shows flashes, though.

if he was shit all the time it woulkd be bad enough and not his fault.

but he can show in glimpses he has a decent touch, can run, can turn a man. and that infuriating as it becomes a question of attitide and laziness.

Have very little positive to say about joelinton other than he does appear to keep trying throughout, which is good I suppose.

I think under better circumstances, he could be better. Just not all that great.

That supposed fee hangs heavy around his neck.

He did ok at times on Friday but that says more about everyone around him than anything else. He’ll never be a striker, his initial movement is too slow, he doesn’t think like a striker and he’s generally very slow in the head. He just doesn’t have it in him. Everything is in slow motion.

He’s a bog standard Championship level player who doesn’t really have a position that suits him. If he wasn’t being paid £1000’s every week on a long contract I’d feel sorry for him. 

6 minutes ago, huss9 said:

yeah, but will joelinton ever get a winner against the mackems?

arrgh shyte thanks meant Frankie Fraser , no Ryan Fraser. 

shows you how crap

he is when I can’t remember his name 

1 hour ago, Ed210 said:

Not sure why he gets so much shit, Ryan Taylor is probably on more money and is far, far worse in every single way. 

Because of the fee, which isn’t his fault.

Behind ASM, he was our best player on Friday. It doesn’t say much, but he was fine. He was finally being played in a position more suited to him. 

Under a competent manager he’d probably look half decent.

Like Lewis, it’s not possible to write them off until they’ve had a shot at it under a proper manager.

2 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Because of the fee, which isn’t his fault.

Behind ASM, he was our best player on Friday. It doesn’t say much, but he was fine. He was finally being played in a position more suited to him. 

Under a competent manager he’d probably look half decent.

Like Lewis, it’s not possible to write them off until they’ve had a shot at it under a proper manager.

he wasnt fine (imo anyway). missed a decent chance, hardly got off the turf when competing for headers and kept falling over every he got into the box. 

granted he did pass the ball to ASM before he went on his dribble to score.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/09/2021 at 22:11, Karjala said:

75th PL game for us at the weekend, 6 goals and sure to start again at Wolves, and the majority of remaining games this season. No surprise we are as bad as we are.

Shame that bottle didn't do a bit more damage today.

2 minutes ago, Beth said:

Shame that bottle didn't do a bit more damage today.

He’s absolutely shit and I still maintain when you take into account the ludicrous fee paid, the worst signing in the history of the club. He offers absolutely nothing and his effort in games is laughable. 

7 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

He’s absolutely shit and I still maintain when you take into account the ludicrous fee paid, the worst signing in the history of the club. He offers absolutely nothing and his effort in games is laughable. 

He will be even if we're still in existence a million years from now.