Joelinton

Stifler

22 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Not a high bar but I thought he was our most effective player today.

Agree - he was always involved and worked hard. He also had some nice touches, battled well and went on a few decent runs. But it’s the same old thing with him, there’s just no end product and there will never will be unless he’s coached correctly. He also needs some sort of tactical plan to work in his favour - maybe we work a plan that involves him making a late run at the back post against the full back with crosses coming in from the right - I know it’s a basic suggestion, but basic seems to be nonexistent for us. There’s no thought whatsoever in any our our attacks.

It doesn’t matter what he does anyways because we are absolutely shite and have no tactical approach in place to utilise any of our players in a component way.

6 hours ago, andyc35i said:

Agree - he was always involved and worked hard. He also had some nice touches, battled well and went on a few decent runs. But it’s the same old thing with him, there’s just no end product and there will never will be unless he’s coached correctly. He also needs some sort of tactical plan to work in his favour - maybe we work a plan that involves him making a late run at the back post against the full back with crosses coming in from the right - I know it’s a basic suggestion, but basic seems to be nonexistent for us. There’s no thought whatsoever in any our our attacks.

It doesn’t matter what he does anyways because we are absolutely shite and have no tactical approach in place to utilise any of our players in a component way.

The exact kind of thing Rafa would be drilling into him every single training session. 

Think Rafa would actually have liked him ironically. Think he's the type that will do whatever he's told and would really benefit from greater structure and a lot of detailed instruction, and in a team that functions well on the whole.

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

The exact kind of thing Rafa would be drilling into him every single training session. 

Think Rafa would actually have liked him ironically. Think he's the type that will do whatever he's told and would really benefit from greater structure and a lot of detailed instruction, and in a team that functions well on the whole.

I agree that he'd have thrived under Rafa far more. Whether he'd have thrived enough is another question :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

First time I've seen him play in the flesh and despite some decent hold up play occasionally, he really he is fucking terrible mind. An absolute joke he stayed on for the whole game.

Same. I hope it's one of the last times as well. He's never going to make the grade. 

50 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

First time I've seen him play in the flesh and despite some decent hold up play occasionally, he really he is fucking terrible mind. An absolute joke he stayed on for the whole game.

Same here.

Based on what I saw he’s absolutely shite. First touch is shocking. 

2 minutes ago, sh74 said:

Thought he was our best player,but that’s not saying much today.

Gave the ball away for the first goal and we never sorted ourselves out 

first five minutes it seemed like he had the beating of the right back but then just gave the ball away for the rest of the game and stayed as far away from the box as he could. 

turbo shite. 

Has anybody ever seen him sprint? Like he tries to avoid getting involved in attacks by just standing in the most pointless places and then plays to safest pass possible if his first touch allows him to.

The most disappointing thing about this guy is his incredibly poor balance. I can't believe how often he falls over when engaging with defenders.

Worst of all he then just sits on the floor remonstrating to the ref, as if this hasn't been happening for ages now and he's still surprised fouls aren't being called in those instances.

As bad as he might have been when he first joined, it is astonishing to see how much worse he is actually getting game by game. How could he have started today ahead of both Fraser and Murphy ... how?!