Joelinton

Stifler

7 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

He’s the weirdest player in our team IMO. Genuinely can’t pinpoint anything that he’s particularly good at. He’s just ok at a few things here and there. So laboured in most of the things he attempts to do.

That's the thing, he's very slow in what he does, it's life he's a second behind

I think he'd probably do okay in Italy where he can get away with that

6 hours ago, sh74 said:

Thought he was our best player,but that’s not saying much today.

I also think he was one of our better performers yesterday. To me the amount of criticism and hate he gets is out of proportion. He has been more effective than Almiron overall and Almiron gets nowhere near the amount of stick.

3 hours ago, kenlau88210 said:

I also think he was one of our better performers yesterday. To me the amount of criticism and hate he gets is out of proportion. He has been more effective than Almiron overall and Almiron gets nowhere near the amount of stick.

More effective than Almiron in his time here? Give your head a shake man :lol:

The team is selected to fit around him. ASM should be on the left. The commentator summed him up when he said that he just never looks threatening. When he picks up the ball there is just no danger to the opposition.

Perhaps Ashley will take him and Bruce to Derby if he buys them. If not they could work for SD

Doesn’t help it seemed the entire game plan was to lump long balls up to him. Presumably just because he’s tall.

During the warm up, he looked like a solid player. He even hit a ball with power behind it. Put him in the match and he looks a complete donkey.

I’m going to reserve total judgement until we have a proper manager in. Longstaff, Hayden, Lascelles, Manquillo... they all looked like competent PL players under Rafa. Under Bruce they barely look Championship standard. 

22 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Makes me said on how much money we wasted on these 2. In fact our 3 top fee transfers were criminally bad. 

Isn’t Wilson number 3 (or even equal 2nd with Miggy at £20m)? Or am I completely wrong/forgotten someone obvious?

15 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Isn’t Wilson number 3 (or even equal 2nd with Miggy at £20m)? Or am I completely wrong/forgotten someone obvious?

totally forgot about willock, mind he looks every inch a Kennedy so by mistake I’ve probably still called it. We just can’t spend big money properly. 

12 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

That Owen fee must be adjusted for inflation or something

The numbers seem all over the place for loads of players, not sure how they have worked them out. They reckon £18.9m for shearer when it was famously £15m (WR fee).

Also Luque down as £18m when he cost about £9m didn't he?

1 hour ago, TK-421 said:

The numbers seem all over the place for loads of players, not sure how they have worked them out. They reckon £18.9m for shearer when it was famously £15m (WR fee).

Also Luque down as £18m when he cost about £9m didn't he?

Les Ferdinand - £8.55m (was £6m)