Joelinton

Stifler

1 hour ago, TK-421 said:

The numbers seem all over the place for loads of players, not sure how they have worked them out. They reckon £18.9m for shearer when it was famously £15m (WR fee).

Also Luque down as £18m when he cost about £9m didn't he?

I think they translate the currency from Euros. You could get €3 for £2 in 2005 so on their calculator that’ll make Owen more expensive when they’re converting €24m at today’s rate.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

18 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Thought he was one of our better players tbh [emoji38] Shows how shite they all were. 

The Joe from the first ten minutes is someone you can have in a team. He'd be brilliant (stretch?) in an organized setup, imo.

He can't play as a ST as he's a terrible finisher, he can't play LM because has zero balance, poor first touch and is kinda slow on the ball. Also when he receives the ball he ALWAYS has his back against the opposition goal. It takes him forever to get going with the ball and he is closed down quickly every game. What position can he actually play at this level? None. Absolutely infuriating and for me he needs to be one of the first to go, preferably already in January.

10 minutes ago, Chicane said:

How would you get the best out of him Al?

Loan out to a Championship side or maybe a German side where he might get some goals and/or assists. Then try to sell him on in the summer. He has the stench of Ashley on him, for me he represents all the bad shit of the last three years with Ashley. GET RID.

45 minutes ago, Chicane said:

How would you get the best out of him Al?

Was he a CF at Hoffenheim? Couldn't he chest down our hoof balls to Wilson or something more useful than whatever the fuck he's doing now? Is this what Bruce's intention is? 

This is all with the context that he learns to not trip over the ball or stumble into an opposing player 2 seconds after receiving it.

I get the impression that his intentions are good, but his body is too slow to perform the actions he's decided on.

Clutching at straws, but if he seriously knuckled down and tried to improve his general fitness he could become a very handy player to have in the squad...is that a fair take or too nice? :lol: 

23 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Was he a CF at Hoffenheim? Couldn't he chest down our hoof balls to Wilson or something more useful than whatever the fuck he's doing now? Is this what Bruce's intention is? 

This is all with the context that he learns to not trip over the ball or stumble into an opposing player 2 seconds after receiving it.

He was at Hoffenheim under that kid genius manager that is now at Bayern. The guy is that good that he made use of Joelinton effectively in their system. 

I think they moved the ball much quicker and had a lot of movement and runners around him and so it allowed him to make much quicker decisions with the ball once he held it up, and then he would arrive late in the box.

Usually played with another quicker striker up top or in the hole behind a front two I think in variations of a 3-5-2/3-4-3 system.

Edited by KaKa

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

He was at Hoffenheim under that kid genius manager that is now at Bayern. The guy is that good that he made use of Joelinton effectively in their system. 

I think they moved the ball much quicker and had a lot of movement and runners around him and so it allowed him to make much quicker decisions with the ball once he held it up, and then he would arrive late in the box.

Usually played with another quicker striker up top or in the hole behind a front two I think.

That makes WAY more sense, we have zero fluidity, so that basically nullifies any usefulness Big Joe might have. 

10 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

That makes WAY more sense, we have zero fluidity, so that basically nullifies any usefulness Big Joe might have. 

Yeah, I remember looking into what kind of player he was when he joined and I was a bit confused as to why we were using him as a target man. The video below was one of his better performances at Hoffenheim, and he's typically linking play deeper and then arriving late into the box.

Edited by KaKa

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I remember looking into what kind of player he was when he joined and I was a bit confused as to why we were using him as a target man. The video below was one of his better performances at Hoffenheim, and he's typically linking play deeper and then arriving late into the box.

He looks like a world beater in those highlights. He's scored half his total goal's for us in one match there. :lol: 

26 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

He looks like a world beater in those highlights. He's scored half his total goal's for us in one match there. :lol: 

I remember watching that when he first signed and I thought we'd got a really talented prospect. In those highlights there's so much more going on around him though, always tons of players around him and ahead of him, creating space for him and options to pick out. Having a good manager is so incredibly important, it's crazy.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I remember watching that when he first signed and I thought we'd got a really talented prospect. In those highlights there's so much more going on around him though, always tons of players around him and ahead of him, creating space for him and options to pick out. Having a good manager is so incredibly important, it's crazy.

Completely agree, Hoff's movement there albeit against what looks to be a terrible club suited Big Joe, funny that the chances he had seemed to arrive at his doorstep in each goal he scored. He's definitely limited in chances he can create and the fact he's probably not really suited to the Premier League.  There was reminiscent of his time here where he got rid of the ball while collapsing to the pitch. 

I lost count of the number of misplaced passes he made in the first 10 minutes; it was like he had double vision. Some of his control was that bad that his 2nd touch wasn’t even a tackle as the ball was that far away from him. 

Lad’s hit the jackpot here, hope he’s investing his wages well.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, HTT II said:

He was our best player last night in his cameo for me, that says it all…

He’s been one of our best players for a few weeks now, as you say, which tells it’s own story.

There’s definitely a player in there imo. Will be intrigued to see how Howe uses him and how he performs.