Joelinton

Stifler

On 19/08/2019 at 11:05, Tomato Deuce said:

Re: Joelinton, but applicable to any of our players:

It doesn’t make any sense to judge his quality in a Steve Bruce-led NUFC. We’re not going to see him at his best, but that doesn’t mean he’s not capable of quality play.

:whistle: 

Managers matter. Simple as.

16 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:
On 19/08/2019 at 16:05, Tomato Deuce said:

Re: Joelinton, but applicable to any of our players:

It doesn’t make any sense to judge his quality in a Steve Bruce-led NUFC. We’re not going to see him at his best, but that doesn’t mean he’s not capable of quality play.

:whistle: 

Managers matter. Simple as

Mad how such definitive (and absolutely fair/correct) conclusions could be made so early into a manager's stint. Has there ever been a more easily telegraphed disaster than replacing Rafa with Bruce? Probs only Bobby to Souness to rival it. 

16 hours ago, jack j said:

Its fucking shite. Still had people clapping 100mph to it as well. The decent songs we do have are ruined by how fast people sing the cunts

Thank you….

Been saying it for years, and it’s even worse these days. Was in the SC for Norwich and it boils my piss. 

@Heron(and others around) preserved and started a few chants, which naturally have a normal Pace to get started and then once it becomes a larger chant, every time for whatever reason it goes 100mph. I just can’t fathom it. It’s bonkers.

15 hours ago, Thiago said:

Look at how Big Jo and Lewis have changed in the few games we've had. Aye, you can say Lewis should be adapted to English football blah blah, but Bruce sold them up the river. 

Joelinton has looked a different player because someone has come in and realised both where he operates best, and how he can impact the game. It's no different to Mo Diame dropping 10 yards and becoming the lanky Kante. 

It's easy for us to give him pelters, but when you've played for a team in Hoffenheim that knew exactly where to slot you in and then are thrown to the wolves playing as a 9 in a shit long ball team, I get why he was frustrated, and that's before trying to adapt to a new culture, at a team that dominates the city you're in. 

And do you think he got an ounce of personal coaching from Bruce and his goblins? They couldn't be arsed to do any team training let alone stuff outside of their 'remit'.  

I don't know or care if he'll ever be worth £40m, but cases like him are why people like Steve Bruce are finished in this game. 

Howe has this uncanny knack for picking out players who have good technical ability, in our team that's especially important. Joelinton, whatever you think of him as a striker, does have good feet and some physicality. Howe as a manager has thought, he looks a decent footballer, why don't I get him involved more in midfield? And what do you know, it worked!

14 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Thank you….

Been saying it for years, and it’s even worse these days. Was in the SC for Norwich and it boils my piss. 

@Heron(and others around) preserved and started a few chants, which naturally have a normal Pace to get started and then once it becomes a larger chant, every time for whatever reason it goes 100mph. I just can’t fathom it. It’s bonkers.

Sounds shit. Songs are better when they're just that, it's like the drink and/or drugs takeover and everyone starts happy clapping along and going mental. 

32 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Thank you….

Hate the idea of a drum but i get up to ibrox quite alot and the atmosphere is so much better. Can actually here the songs. Mind the songs they sing are far better than the shite we've got

5 hours ago, OCK said:

He's a fit lad that will run all day and defend from the front. He'll score goals when he doesn't mean to, and miss goals you'd expect him to score.  - Expert German Analysis. 

Don't know that anyone with that complexion/hair combo can be described as "a fit lad" :lol:

https://theathletic.com/2971089/2021/12/08/joelinton-liberated-brazilian-perfectly-suited-eddie-howe-style-newcastle/?source=user_shared_article

‘Machine’ Joelinton liberated as Brazilian is perfectly suited to Howe’s style

I’m out of guest passes, unfortunately, but this was a canny read. Doesn’t seem like this upturn is going to be a flash in the pan.

The 40m fee and the no. 9 shirt definitely had an impact on him. He seems much liberated under new management. Can see that he desperately wants to succeed, not just content to receive his wages. :thup:

4 hours ago, Rich said:

https://theathletic.com/2971089/2021/12/08/joelinton-liberated-brazilian-perfectly-suited-eddie-howe-style-newcastle/?source=user_shared_article

‘Machine’ Joelinton liberated as Brazilian is perfectly suited to Howe’s style

I’m out of guest passes, unfortunately, but this was a canny read. Doesn’t seem like this upturn is going to be a flash in the pan.

Really enjoyed the article and I have a lot of new found respect for Joelinton.  Was impressed that Howe specifically addressed Joe's potential with the consortium before he was offered the job.