Joelinton

Stifler

4 hours ago, Rich said:

https://theathletic.com/2971089/2021/12/08/joelinton-liberated-brazilian-perfectly-suited-eddie-howe-style-newcastle/?source=user_shared_article

‘Machine’ Joelinton liberated as Brazilian is perfectly suited to Howe’s style

I’m out of guest passes, unfortunately, but this was a canny read. Doesn’t seem like this upturn is going to be a flash in the pan.

Read that this morning. Still don't think I'll subscribe to the Athletic once my six months for £1 are up, but reading articles like that will make me think twice. If I was into reading about other clubs like I used to be a good few years ago, it would be well worth it. 

That company he reached out to sounds like a really brilliant service for pros that want to work on and improve on their games further, alongside what their clubs do. Major kudos to the guy for seeking that out. 

Think I laughed when people were putting him in at CM in their formations but I'm starting to think it's a real possibility, his defensive work is his greatest strength and is actually high quality. 

Edited by Thumbheed

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

It's a bit like a much slower Moussa Sissoko. 

Not for me. Sissoko was useless in the middle under pressure for us. Was just a right winger, but unorthodox being massive and strong.

Joelinton can keep his cool with three players on him in the middle way more than most of our players.

Honestly, his positioning, work rate, use of his body is all top drawer.

A few sketchy moments in possession in tight areas but I think that can be worked on. I'd love to see him him a more refined midfield postion tbh. 

Fucking madness. 

Edited by Thumbheed

I just don’t get the current rave about him.. Yes he doesn’t lose the ball as much, but he’s been directly involved in two goals in the last two games. The one against Leicester and the second goal today (yes Shelvey did the back pass but the ball to him should have been played back to the centre half). As an attacking influence he is still virtually non existent also. 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I just don’t get the current rave about him.. Yes he doesn’t lose the ball as much, but he’s been directly involved in two goals in the last two games. The one against Leicester and the second goal today (yes Shelvey did the back pass but the ball to him should have been played back to the centre half). As an attacking influence he is still virtually non existent also. 

He's putting himself about and putting a shift in. There's a bit of get-up-and-go about him lately. 

Just now, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

He's putting himself about and putting a shift in. There's a bit of get-up-and-go about him lately. 

40 million for a player putting himself about a bit more. Not having a go at you, but as an attacking threat he is still virtually non existent.