Joelinton

Stifler

He's a microcosm for the team. We don't have players that can pick locks. It's a group built to counter attacking football and running into space. He's best when he can gallop into space, and even then he created a good chance for ASM.

14 hours ago, HTT II said:

He needs peddled too, despite his recent upturn in form. He’s still shite!

Have to agree with this. While it’s been nice watching his resurrection I don’t see it lasting. If it’s restored his transfer value to £15-18m, cash in while he’s ‘hot’.

I know he missed a couple of chances, but he was immense again. the best player for on the pitch for us bar maybe trippier week in week out. get him some help in midfield and i think we'll see another level from him.

Edited by Palestoon

there was a moment where he received the ball in our own half with our back to goal, turned his defender, burst past 2 players into the opposing half, and played fraser in on the right wing. 10 seconds later he was by our corner flag tackling one of their players. i had to rewind to make sure it was him. great engine. Shelvey should be embarrassed strolling about for 90 mins  

Mental to read people would peddle him. He's one that cares, and after some of the shite he's put up with he could easily have downed tools and demanded a loan move January 1. 

He won't always be what we need in CM, but hes consistently a ball winner and instigator. Get him next to a reliable ball player and we'll be so much closer to having a serviceable midfield.

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

Shelvey and whoever has gone alongside him are the obvious problem. That is my biggest disappointment with Howe, sticking with Shelvey. You are just asking for the midfield to get overrun. And for what, an occasional sixty yard pass?

Problem is all the options are terrible. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Problem is all the options are terrible. 

How hard is it to find someone who can close down the opposition and pick a simple pass? I reckon you could take someone out of the under 21 side who would make a better fist of it. We've already seen a CF make it look much easier. 

Just now, Thiago said:

IF we could get a tune out of Willock or find consistency with Hayden not being a card magnet we'd be fine. Joelinton is the least of our issues. 

Problem is I think Howe really rates Shelvey and he’s one of the first names on the teamsheet.