Joelinton

Stifler

25 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

Is that biggest turnaround for a player in club history?

Chris Waddle was pretty bad when he first made the first team, but that can be put down to inexperience at that level. I was astonished at the player that he became. 

He's the only one that springs to mind. Well done, big Joe.

It probably is Joe but for the sake of thinking, in my time supporting the club, maybe Olivier Bernard? Wasn't he a bit shit, then played a blinder at the San Siro, then was quality right up until he left?

13 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Chris Waddle was pretty bad when he first made the first team, but that can be put down to inexperience at that level. I was astonished at the player that he became. 

He's the only one that springs to mind. Well done, big Joe.

Scored some good Cup goals early which bought him time.

Colo is a good shout from earlier actually. I remember when we got relegated the Chronicle dubbed him Colo the Clown.

Actually, him and one or two others really benefitted from that season in the championship. Then he was excellent when we got back to the PL, and we had the nucleus of a decent team that had gotten used to winning.

But Joelinton is altogether a different kettle of halibut. The total definition of a flop, and then completely reinvented himself as a proper footballer in an entirely different position. I don't remember anything like that before.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

It probably is Joe but for the sake of thinking, in my time supporting the club, maybe Olivier Bernard? Wasn't he a bit shit, then played a blinder at the San Siro, then was quality right up until he left?

Nah. He was younger and more inconsistent in his early days but he always had something and was good before that Portuguese ref tried to let him get kicked to pieces against Inter Milan.

This fucking guy is a NUFC legend in his own right 

Absolutely epitomises that all the fans want is commitment and effort which is why he's so popular now that he's turned it around with exactly just that