Joelinton

Stifler

Big Joe doesn't do friendlies. Not quite Colo level though. 

He was immense again. The way he holds up the ball and finds a pass in tight corners is fantastic. We had some pretty good link up play in general tonight. A high quality striker with pace would really help us. 

1 hour ago, madras said:

It even lead me to do some googling on the differences between Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese

There’s variances but pretty much it’s an accent thing and I’ve heard from a few Brazilian pals that the Portuguese folk can be a little snobby in regards to them.

5 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

There’s variances but pretty much it’s an accent thing and I’ve heard from a few Brazilian pals that the Portuguese folk can be a little snobby in regards to them.

I'm sure there was a vid with Joe and Bruno and they mentioned the accent thing within Brazil itself (why wouldn't there be, like here) but with a snobbier regard to Portuguese Portuguese if that makes sense.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

How can you be suspended for a friendly? Unless its an internal suspension, bit weird :lol:  

I did suggest this yesterday that if we going to be suspended at all it would be for a friendly 

To be honest, giving a red for a friendly is off and the Ref was a little bitch last night. However, that challenge was deserving of a red card and I don’t have an issue with him missing a friendly because of it

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

To be honest, giving a red for a friendly is off and the Ref was a little bitch last night. However, that challenge was deserving of a red card and I don’t have an issue with him missing a friendly because of it

It’s not really about whether he deserves it or not, I just found it weird that there’s even a mechanism to suspend people based on what happens in friendlies. I mean, these fixtures don’t even officially have to exist… they’re more like training sessions. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s not really about whether he deserves it or not, I just found it weird that there’s even a mechanism to suspend people based on what happens in friendlies. I mean, these fixtures don’t even officially have to exist… they’re more like training sessions. 

I wonder if the club has publicised that we've proactively suspended him for Atalanta to attempt remove any prospect of him being suspended for Forest, in case there is such a mechanism. 

57 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Spot on this.

Giving a red in a friendly is so weirdly unproductive unless it was serious shit and purely intentional. Joe went in hard and late and he should’ve had a huge talking from the Ref and they should have continued play. It’s so stupid. “Oh let’s now make him serve a suspension” in a friendly game where both squads pay for this match to happen. 

1 hour ago, TBG said:

So would he miss games if he gets sent off for taking his shirt off after scoring the winner in the World Cup final?

Yes probably the next World Cup game/qualifier 

Edited by gdm