Joelinton

Stifler

Every time I watch him I’m still waiting for the mask to slip and him to go back to being shit but it just doesn’t happen. He’s brilliant and every bit a £40m midfielder.

Edited by Smal

He protects the defence , drives the ball forward and his passing and crossing have moved up another level. Joe must be one of Eddie's biggest achievements so far, turned a below average player into a world beater.

Edited by pubteam

That run in the first half past two players would have been beautiful goal if he scored it.

Overall thought he was a beast in the middle. Always fighting for it, breaking things up and keeping possession going. His transformation is still incredible to think about.

Edited by hakka

How I wish he didn't scuff that shot wide after his run through. Would've been proof that he can do it all. 

He is, in alot of ways the walking embodiment of how this club has changed in the last calendar year.

2 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Quite ironic that we signed him as a striker and gave him the number 9, because this guy can do everything except score and assist :lol:

He got an assist today ...

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

I was meaning in general terms but that's bad timing on my part :blush:

He has a knack for playing people in and it will be proven this season with a  number of assists, now we actually have an idea of what we're doing as a team going forward. Think he'll chip in with a few goals too.

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/official-premier-league-matchday-thread-1-newcastle-vs-forest-6-8-22-1500h.50574/post-3607708

Joelinton is an absolute brute btw. We had to double up on him at times and that gave Guimaraes time and space to pick passes out. We need a Joelinton type CM badly, especially if we're gonna play with 2 centre mids.

Validation from opposing fans is strangely very satisfying :love:

Can you imagine a year ago a post like this from our opponents, they want a Joelinton-type player?!

Not going to lie, coming in to this season I was scared he might not be able to recreate his form of last season. That it might have been a hot streak given all that was happening at the time. Not like we're used to good things happening. But he just walked in and did it again. Maybe even a little better given its the first game of the season. If he could strike the ball cleaner he'd be phenomenal. 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Not going to lie, coming in to this season I was scared he might not be able to recreate his form of last season. That it might have been a hot streak given all that was happening at the time. Not like we're used to good things happening. But he just walked in and did it again. Maybe even a little better given its the first game of the season. If he could strike the ball cleaner he'd be phenomenal. 

I had similar worry kinda but remember we have actual coach now who may try and teach players and help them understand tactical roles not just throw them on randomly

I think the Dembele similarity has been mentioned a couple of times on here now and it’s definitely a fair comparison. He was an outstanding player for Spurs and so frustrating to watch us come up against him and lose the ball time and time again. It’s incredible how good Joelinton is, my favourite player. Hope he’s here for years to come