Joelinton

Stifler

9 hours ago, Holloway said:

Haven't seen a player like this in n a long time as good for atixking out a leg and retrieving situations, and that's invaluable. Scruffy on the ball though, he's like an octopus

Holy shit yes.

He's exactly like an octopus. 

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Didn't see yesterday but thought he was outstanding against Liverpool? Mean as fuck patrolling that left flank. 

He was decent yesterday and the best out of the three in the middle once again, but offensively he struggles without Bruno and ASM.

He has a few areas to work on, but he really could become elite if he does continue to apply himself; at his best, he's pretty unplayable.

One of my favourite traits/strengths of his is how he is so strong and able to hook the ball into space even when under pressure, he does it a lot.

He needs to work on the consistency of his short passing, and obviously his finishing needs improving too but he isn't far off having all the tools needed to reach the top.

Also, on viewing that video, I have to say it, but I think we miss Shelvey.

Edited by Lenny

17 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

When I saw this near the top I assumed he was injured but I can't actually recall him being injured. 

What kind of tosser would say that :lol:

Thanks for ruining our season. 

46 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

When I saw this near the top I assumed he was injured but I can't actually recall him being injured. 

Did he not miss a couple after Leeds away last season ? 

Edit....wasn't after Leeds but he was injured for the Chelsea and Southampton games. 

Edited by madras

He had a hip injury that he played through for some time. Ended up getting a rest eventually. I also remember Longstaff replacing him, early on one game, because of injury. Might have been the hip but think it was a hammy. Anyway, definitely missed a couple of games so the jinx is invalidated.

Because he was nominally an attacking player from watching that vid it's not just that he wins the ball he so often wins the ball off player and moves forward attacking as if in one motion, and so often it doesnt look like the opposition player is expecting it at all

Watched that video a load of times today (slow day), still not bored of it.

The little flashes of skill he pulls off are class, you don't expect it from legs that size, and always seems to look like he's fucked up at first :lol:

Edited by Wilson

14 hours ago, Wilson said:

Watched that video a load of times today (slow day), still not bored of it.

The little flashes of skill he pulls off are class, you don't expect it from legs that size, and always seems to look like he's fucked up at first :lol:

It works against him sometimes, like when he cannoned it off his own face in the box last year. If he had a touch more composure in the final third he'd be absolutely devastating (more so than he already is).

That highlight reel is a joy to watch. At one point he chests the ball about 6 feet above his head and collects it. I seem to remember him winning an aerial duel against Tranmere with his chest and the ball nearly left the atmosphere. 

5 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He's a really unique player like, he's very erratic in everything he does but has the strength and balance to turn it (mostly) into a positive.

If he manages to cut out his allergy to staying upright in the box he's a demon.