Joelinton

Stifler

8 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He's a really unique player like, he's very erratic in everything he does but has the strength and balance to turn it (mostly) into a positive.

This is it for me. I know positioning is a different term in football, but the way he positions his body, is almost as if he's maximising his options. Like he can change direction in the blink of an eye. I actually think he's a very intelligent player, who thinks a lot while on the pitch. Almost like he's applying game theory to his game. Sometimes he just needs to leather it though.

On 11/09/2022 at 18:47, Happinesstan said:

This is it for me. I know positioning is a different term in football, but the way he positions his body, is almost as if he's maximising his options. Like he can change direction in the blink of an eye. I actually think he's a very intelligent player, who thinks a lot while on the pitch. Almost like he's applying game theory to his game. Sometimes he just needs to leather it though.

Agree with this...think he over thinks and isn't quite quick enough to make it work. 

A blind one touch off or a first time strike is quite frequently more effective than taking a touch and looking for options....especially in a team where there really aren't that many. Probably why he's better suited to midfield...that half second difference makes all the difference. Plus the fact he can't shoot for toffee

Playing against a low block like Bournemouth while in a 3 man midfield is when I'd expect JL to show some attacking quality. He barely got in the box. I'd really expect him to show some drive and attacking intensity but he didn't offer much at all. Just a header in stoppage time. 

Poor on the ball as per, his technical ability just doesn’t come close his other attributes. He’s great in this set up as his physical output and energy means he’s great in the press but going forward when he’s not just carrying the ball he’s weak and theres no other way to say it. Still love the big cunt.

Edited by Nine

Probably his worst game in a calendar year. He's earned a bad day at the office, but games like today shows his lack of technical ability. If he wants to continue his role as an all action pressing beast, we need another CM who can pick a pass. Willock and Longstaff are not that. We really miss shelvey

4 hours ago, Lotus said:

Playing against a low block like Bournemouth while in a 3 man midfield is when I'd expect JL to show some attacking quality. He barely got in the box. I'd really expect him to show some drive and attacking intensity but he didn't offer much at all. Just a header in stoppage time. 

one shot saved from 8 yards

one shot hit the post from 10 yards

and a header over from 7 yards

Who did more in and around the box?

3 hours ago, Palestoon said:

Probably his worst game in a calendar year. He's earned a bad day at the office, but games like today shows his lack of technical ability. If he wants to continue his role as an all action pressing beast, we need another CM who can pick a pass. Willock and Longstaff are not that. We really miss shelvey

Precisely.

Willock is our weak link, he fails to take any advantage of the hard work of others. Difficult to say he hides as his enthusiasm is clear to see. I just don't think he's the man for that role. I'd rather play Bruno there and Longstaff in the Shelvey role.

• 2 weeks later...