Joelinton

Stifler

Don't see what dropping him for a game achieves. Fine him, have him attend a course, do some community awareness work, throw him and his car into the Tyne, stuff like that. A day off work isn't what I'd usually prescribe as punishment.

3 minutes ago, Cf said:

Don't see what dropping him for a game achieves. Fine him, have him attend a course, do some community awareness work, throw him and his car into the Tyne, stuff like that. A day off work isn't what I'd usually prescribe as punishment.

Not sure why people compare it to the average job when it comes to it being a day off or they wouldn't be punished in their job

Football is clearly very different and even Howe made comments when criticising Klopp's behaviour about having a responsibility to how he conducts himself

Rashford was dropped for turning up late to training fwiw. Howe is a super professional guy, and he has to consider the wider implications on professional standards at the club. If he handwaves this away it sets poor examples to others and in particular the young players.

Comparing it to Joe Smith from Blakelaw is apples to oranges. Most people don’t earn that sort of money and have the access to whatever they want as Joelinton does. I like him, but he’s 26 not 18, and not his first transgression. 

Was going to exactly that.  Rashford was late and benched.  Everyone praised him for doing that.

This is far worse tbh.

But people make mistakes.  He can come off bench or miss a game say sorry and that will be the end.

Just can't see Howe starting him (or even having him in the squad) for the weekend. I seriously doubt he's happy about him being out that late anyway (he's talked about lifestyle standards for maximum recovery before in interviews) even before the drink driving. 

By many accounts, Jo is a great lad and likely knows this was very fucking stupid. Still, he's got to pay for it as a role model and should be made a reasonable example of.

6 minutes ago, Paully said:

There is no absolutely chance that he’ll be in the squad on Sunday - silly boy 

Depends on next few days according to Howe. Sounds more like they’ll assess his state of mind rather than drop him for discipline.

2 minutes ago, OverThere said:

The club should think about having a car available to drive players and staff home after games. Think of it like a club "Mam".

They already have multiple player liaisons, I’m sure when I was reading the job description this sort of thing fell under their purview 

11 minutes ago, madras said:

According to the stagecoach app X78 from Ponteland to Cowgate, change there to the 62 for Killingworth, get off at Benton by Corver Road.

£20-23 in a taxi, I carry plenty of change and I’d let him charge his phone and play his music too. 

Not shocked Howe’s comments are as class as you can get on the matter. Noting how good he’s been around the place and how he’ll deal with it internally. That humans make mistakes and all that. 

Club have addressed it and it's being dealt with internally:thup:

As far as any media circus it should be nipped in the bud. Hope the club treat it with the severity it requires and it is robustly explained to Jo the damaging effects it can have.

We all make mistakes. How we learn from them is key.