Joelinton

Stifler

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Dive aside he was good, pretty much held our midfield together. The other two (and others tbf) were sloppy in possession.

I thought Willock was very sloppy, but I didn't notice anything particularly sloppy with Longstaff today.

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Dive aside he was good, pretty much held our midfield together. The other two (and others tbf) were sloppy in possession.

image.thumb.png.4639e6aaaeab49a3c8e9e7b4943b969d.png

Also dispossessed 5 times, versus 1 for Willock and 0 for Longstaff. Thought it was his poorest game for a while.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I think 6 is a role not a position, like Pirlo or in our most recent case Shelvey.

Oh - well in that case, he can be the DM that frees up Bruno to play more forward. We've been linked with Alvarez who is a pure DM so surely Joe can do it too

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Also dispossessed 5 times, versus 1 for Willock and 0 for Longstaff. Thought it was his poorest game for a while.

His game was off a bit, but he was still the one trying to mauovre the ball in tight tussles and bring the attack into play.

Just now, Rich said:

That can't be right like, Longstaff had the ball nicked off him by Rice twice and passed it straight to him 2 or 3 times as well.

Re the bit in bold, % is more important here, no? Just from watching I'm pretty sure he had much more of the ball than Longstaff and Willock.

5 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Oh - well in that case, he can be the DM that frees up Bruno to play more forward. We've been linked with Alvarez who is a pure DM so surely Joe can do it too

I think he suits being a box to box, the problem as I see it is that for all their graft, there's a lack of craft.

86 touches to Longstaff's 78 and Willock's 59. Still not sure he's gonna win the percentages there. :lol:

Not saying he was bad by any stretch, but Longstaff was the star midfielder for me.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

That can't be right like, Longstaff had the ball nicked off him by Rice twice and passed it straight to him 2 or 3 times as well.

Re the bit in bold, % is more important here, no? Just from watching I'm pretty sure he had much more of the ball than Longstaff and Willock.

prefer sofascore for stuff like this immediately after the game.

https://www.sofascore.com/newcastle-united-west-ham-united/MO

Joelinton lost possession 19 times. Longstaff 12, Willock 11.

edit: fuck, we were really poor in duels today. West Ham murdered us there

Edited by Smal