Joelinton

Stifler

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

image.thumb.png.4639e6aaaeab49a3c8e9e7b4943b969d.png

Also dispossessed 5 times, versus 1 for Willock and 0 for Longstaff. Thought it was his poorest game for a while.

aye i was scared to say anything because everyone was saying he was class :lol: 

thought he lost the ball more today than in any other match.

3 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Haven’t checked his recovery stats I’d imagine they were good but I did feel he lost the ball a fair bit. 

It was mainly trying to play deep lying play maker. He didn't have the long passing accuracy through the middle today. He did well enough but there isn't real leadership in the middle that comes from him, willock or longstaff. They don't give up but they don't generally dictate and lead from the middle.

The clear thing is that Bruno basically combines all midfielder roles into one smiley little Brazilian package. Great at winning the ball back, can beat players 1v1, doesn’t panic on the ball, can assist, score. Joelinton is really good at the physical stuff, excellent athlete, but lacks the vision and composure of Bruno 

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

It was mainly trying to play deep lying play maker. He didn't have the long passing accuracy through the middle today. He did well enough but there isn't real leadership in the middle that comes from him, willock or longstaff. They don't give up but they don't generally dictate and lead from the middle.

Yeah agreed, purely as a ball winning mid he’s great, and very dominant 

38 minutes ago, Smal said:

prefer sofascore for stuff like this immediately after the game.

https://www.sofascore.com/newcastle-united-west-ham-united/MO

Joelinton lost possession 19 times. Longstaff 12, Willock 11.

edit: fuck, we were really poor in duels today. West Ham murdered us there

Bit of a Colback stat tbh. He loses the ball more because he's trying to do more with it. I'm sure if he just passed back or sideways before the opposition could get near him he'd have 100% possession rate.

I thought he was really good tonight. The dive was pathetic and he’s a walking yellow card. But he was regularly sweeping up, was happy to receive the ball when being tightly marked and he usually turned out of trouble and found space. 

Paqueta was desperate to be his mate :lol: Rice was also being all pally with him. Everyone is scared of him, I reckon. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

I thought he was really good tonight. The dive was pathetic and he’s a walking yellow card. But he was regularly sweeping up, was happy to receive the ball when being tightly marked and he usually turned out of trouble and found space

Paqueta was desperate to be his mate :lol: Rice was also being all pally with him. Everyone is scared of him, I reckon. 

This is what I mean, it's not easy to do that in the middle of a scrum of players, he takes a lot of pressure in possession rather than look for the easy pass.

I didn't think it was one of his better games tbh, but that just means he wasn't outstanding.

The dive is really annoying. As he had escaped a yellow up until that point. Then went and did that. 

I know he was nailed on to get 10 yellows and a 2 game ban. But feels

like that is coming a lot sooner than I thought. 

It does depend on who we’re playing and where. But we will really miss him when he’s not in the team. 

He’s our most consistent player in the team alongside Pope. I don’t mind him picking up yellows for tackles but you could tell he was embarrassed himself with that dive, looked so sheepish. Hopefully that’s his lesson learnt