Apollo 11 50 years ago today

Guest The Little Waster

Guest The Little Waster

Today was launch day . I was 6 and a half . Blew my mind then and still does now .

pretty much the pinnacle of human achievement. All down hill from then on.

My buddy just saw the doc, and said that it was fantastic. They apparently used early moog synthesizers that were around in 1969 for the soundtrack, not using the standard manufactured sentimentality, but instead going for unsettling, drony sounds. Given that most docs fail miserably in the music department, I salute them for that.

if it was faked the Soviets would have been shouting it from the fucking rooftops

The Soviets don't shout stuff from the rooftops, they get operators to post videos on youtube. It's a lot more effective to sow the seeds of doubt for decades than to reveal the truth in an instant.

The most convincing argument I've seen that they didn't land on the moon, was de Grasse Junior high trying to convince Joe Rogan that it happened. That man is a charlatan, nothing more than a performer. You should see his "investigation" into GM food.

If it was faked, why didn't the Soviets expose it?

Ah, the common man's scientist. Believe me, or you're a nob. very persuasive argument.

:lol: Just cos he's a scientist doesn't mean every utterance has to be education and/or persuasion. He literally spends his life going on about how legit space is, I'm not surprised he hates the Flat Earth brigade.

Ah, the common man's scientist. Believe me, or you're a nob. very persuasive argument.

:lol: Just cos he's a scientist doesn't mean every utterance has to be education and/or persuasion. He literally spends his life going on about how legit space is, I'm not surprised he hates the Flat Earth brigade.

You shouldn’t have.

The idea that they could have faked the moon landings and the associated imagery with 1960s level special effects and film technology is far more ludicrous than landing on the moon.

The new documentary is amazing btw, strongly recommended.

Makes you think he'd like a break from it then, but oh no, here he is, on twitter, doing it for shits n giggles. I don't care who you are, if you're on twitter calling people nobs then you're a nob.

Also, calling him the common man's scientist was in reference to the fact that he sn't shackled by traditional standards, and is free to go on twittr and act like a nob.

Makes you think he'd like a break from it then, but oh no, here he is, on twitter, doing it for shits n giggles. I don't care who you are, if you're on twitter calling people nobs then you're a nob.

Ah but there's where your argument falls apart. He's not on twitter calling people nobs. He's on twitter calling nobs nobs. Flat earther and moon landing deniers aren't people.

They had less onboard computing power than the average smartphone

They had less than the average fucking calculator never mind smart phone, incredible what they achieved with the level of technology back then.

I was at the Science Museum about thirty years ago and was struck by how primitive the suits and accoutrements looked even then. It was a magnificent achievement and yielded so much more than simply stepping on the moon. Looking at the rocks at the Museum of Geology was a sobering experience and, as if I needed it, demonstrated the magnitude of all they accomplished.