RIP Rutger Hauer

Vinny Green Balls

His performance as John Ryder in The Hitcher is still imo by far his best, a forgotten film by all accounts now but a brilliant piece of cinema.

If you haven't seen it, you must and don't get it mixed up with the pile of shit Sean Bean one.

His performance as John Ryder in The Hitcher is still imo by far his best, a forgotten film by all accounts now but a brilliant piece of cinema.

If you haven't seen it, you must and don't get it mixed up the pile of shit Sean Bean one.

Aye. Brilliant film.

Ahhh sad news. Blade Runner was such an amazing movie and he was great in it, but one of my fave films he was in was a low budget thing called Salute of the Jugger. Man I loved that film when I was young. Need to go find it now for another watch. RIP Mr Hauer.

He was the true star of Bladerunner. Thought it was an outstanding performance. Never bettered as a 'bad guy' in that role. The little nuances, the facial expressions, the way he used his voice. Thought he managed an incredible combination of both being dramatic and also submarineling the part when needed. Was perfection as Roy Batty.

RIP, his 80s movies were great cheesy fun.

Not quite sure I've ever heard someone describe Blade Runner as cheesy fun, but, to each their own.

For clarification, I wasn't referring to Blade Runner.  I meant his run of cheesy straight to video movies of the 80s.

Ahhh sad news. Blade Runner was such an amazing movie and he was great in it, but one of my fave films he was in was a low budget thing called Salute of the Jugger. Man I loved that film when I was young. Need to go find it now for another watch. RIP Mr Hauer.

That was a pretty good movie.