Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

First (and last) time seeing this bloke in the flesh today. Does he always look like he's in agony? Is that just him? He goes on these lung-bursting runs then spends the next two minutes wincing and walking gingerly. 

I feel like we've never seen this guy not playing within himself; ever since that hamstring he got in that win at Spurs in the orange kit, I feel like he's never been at maximum sharpness.

Might go down as one of those cult heroes who we enjoyed but was always injured/half-fit, a la Bellamy or something. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

First (and last) time seeing this bloke in the flesh today. Does he always look like he's in agony? Is that just him? He goes on these lung-bursting runs then spends the next two minutes wincing and walking gingerly. 

I feel like we've never seen this guy not playing within himself; ever since that hamstring he got in that win at Spurs in the orange kit, I feel like he's never been at maximum sharpness.

Might go down as one of those cult heroes who we enjoyed but was always injured/half-fit, a la Bellamy or something. 

He’s a player who needs a few games to get up to speed, mainly with his decision making to be honest.

He goes past most players with ease, but say his output has an 80% failure rate, which sounds bad but he tries so much in games that the 20% success either leads to a chance or a goal. It might even be a higher failure rate but that’s beside the point. He’s worth the frustration.

Now if he could be coached to make better decisions that is a scary prospect. He’s still quite young after all.

He’s not stupid, he’ll play another season here and wait for a takeover like the rest of us, if it doesn’t happen he’ll be away then. 

16 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Has a long way to go to match Bellamy mind! 

There is this but I wouldn't believe it yet https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/07/26/report-everton-target-allan-saint-maximin-alarmed-by-newcastles-lack-of-activity/

Newcastle United winger Allan Saint-Maxinin is ‘alarmed’ by the club’s lack of summer transfer business this summer and may look to move on.

That’s according to The Mirror (25/07, p66), who claim that Newcastle are now fearing that they face a battle to hang onto Saint-Maximin.

Saint-Maximin is allegedly concerned with the lack of activity this summer, though he could be convinced to stay if Arsenal midfielder Joe Willock rejoins this summer.

Saint-Maximin is valued at around £60million by Mike Ashley, and he may look to leave Newcastle in search of a club with more spending power and ambition

Everton want to sign Saint-Maximin according to a report from The Mirror earlier this month, though whether Rafael Benitez has £60million to spend on him remains to be seen.

Edited by nbthree3

Good on him. I don't want him to constantly save Bruce's ass every single game this season. Let the bacon monster lose his star playet. He'd probably blame Rafa for lost games this coming season too.

We've given Saint free rein throughout his time here, on and off the pitch. He was in France for a bit last season. And the club statement about him going to the shops was a personal highlight for me 

If he was to leave that would probably deter Willock from coming back. I don’t really want to jump the gun as it could just be a case of him catching a cold and then being told to isolate.

Losing him would be a hard one to take.

13 minutes ago, Ed210 said:

Get him sold and use the cash to bring in some Bruceball cloggers. 

Get him sold, give the cash to Ashley and loan in some Bruceball cloggers.