Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

We have one of Europe's best dribblers, a steal of a signing for the price we paid. https://theanalyst.com/eu/2021/03/advanced-metrics-top-five-european-leagues/

Was just looking at some stats from last season, 8.7 take on attempts which is 2nd only to Neymar, and is successful 63% of the time. For a player attempting around 9 take-ons per match - moving with the ball past an opponent - it's pretty much best in Europe. Adam Ounas while at Crotone averaged 7 take-ons with a 70% success rate which is the only success rate higher I can compare to.

Messi last season: 7.8 with a 61% success rate. Saint doesn't contribute as much in attack, whether that's xG (0.15), goals (0.17), xA (0.12) or assists (0.23) which is where he falls compared to the greats, per match. For us he's virtually the best still! For his speciality, it's amazing.

1 chance per match from a carry which is 9th best in Europe last season. 

Edited by nbthree3

Yeah this shows what I was thinking https://dataviz.theanalyst.com/season-reviews/2020/?competition_id=8&season_id=2020

36 chance creating carries. He's great at dribbling and getting past players, but compared to the rest of the players (it's still top 20 in the division) he creates fewer chances. Naturally because he played 1568 minutes last season - 18 carries per 90 3rd best in the league, mental 

Edited by nbthree3

Too good for this shit show, course he's getting sold. Ashley will have a price, probably around £45m and his agent will be told if he wants to leave find a club willing to pay it, otherwise you've got 5 years in purgatory.

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm convinced he's got fitness issues and that that'll keep him here.

I agree he's got fitness issues but I'm not sure they're enough to keep him here. It'll keep him from a big bastard super club, sure, but there are many layers of mediocre teams between us and the BIG LADS. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah but I think we'll ask for daft money and that'll put everyone off. Then he'll get annoyed and eventually maybe loaned out. 

Maybe. But we asked for what we believed to be daft money for Sissoko (and Wijnaldum), and we got it.

Time will tell. 

"It was too late to spend the money " see it coming .

I want him gone , get out of the club ASM , let the turmoil begin , howay the sale , fuck Ashley, Bruce and Luke.

My impression is that the clubs who can afford him, don't particularly want him. He's very good at running with the ball, but not so great at linking with his team mates. 

At the level and style in which we are playing, he makes a big difference.

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

Perez also looked toothless until he joined a decent team though.

Do you think? I think by and large Perez has been pretty average when I’ve seen him play for Leicester. He’s nearly always on the bench now also.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Do you think? I think by and large Perez has been pretty average when I’ve seen him play for Leicester. He’s nearly always on the bench now also.

I mean there were people in the box at the end of his runs, it doesn't take much :lol: