Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Good little video. Allan :smitten:

Interesting that he thinks his best position is in the #10. On the break, probably, when running at centre halves less mobile than full backs. But he's better used out wide imo.

Let him drift...Beardsleyesque.

On 14/10/2021 at 16:58, HaydnNUFC said:

Good little video. Allan :smitten:

Interesting that he thinks his best position is in the #10. On the break, probably, when running at centre halves less mobile than full backs. But he's better used out wide imo.

God I love this man. Get him in the middle once Bruce finally fucks off, then offer him a bumper contract

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

His twitter post about Bruce has pissed me off more than it should have really

Players like ASM just want a manager to say ‘go out and play. Play where you want and how you want’ and that’s exactly what he would’ve got with Bruce. No shackles at all! Mainly because Bruce is too simple tactically to do/say anything else.

10 minutes ago, jack j said:

His twitter post about Bruce has pissed me off more than it should have really

I had the same vibe when I read Shearer's. I've got mutuals with Bruce and they both say what a great bloke he is. Know him from school etc and have kept in touch. Both, tho, recognize what a shit manager he is and "hasn't helped himself with the victim blaming"

Maxi's just a nice kid who's been soft soaped. 

4 hours ago, Holmesy said:

Players like ASM just want a manager to say ‘go out and play. Play where you want and how you want’ and that’s exactly what he would’ve got with Bruce. No shackles at all! Mainly because Bruce is too simple tactically to do/say anything else.

Bruce was ASM's dream manager in so many ways. He gets to be the hero, play wherever he wants, turn up late to training when he feels like it....

He's a precious talent, but he's going to need to do some growing up if we get a serious manager with ambition to win silverware. 

I had a boss years ago that took a shine to me and put me on grade 1 (top money) when I came out of my time, I thought he was a great fella, to this day I still talk to lads that still detest the same bloke 25 years later.

27 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

I'm getting this really weird sense that one day, as we reflect on the journey, there will be a school of thought that goes along the lines of "No one got the best out of ASM, except Steve Bruce" :icon_puke_l:

I'll just end up thinking how come he allowed Maximan to take the piss but threw a strop with Ben Arfa when he did it? I would guess it's because Bruce himself has no methods or principles, they just change like the wind depending on how things are going day to day. 

He never once talks about the managerial ability of Steve Bruce, just the man. That's all Bruce is, a jovial man-manager who befriends the players and makes sure they're happy. And there's a place for that - it's called the 90s.

I've got nothing against ASM for saying he liked Bruce, he got an easy ride and a free role under a tactically inept 'nice guy'. I just hope he stays as committed, effective and positive under the next manager.