Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

It was very satisfying that we played a lot on the right trough Joelinton so St. Maxi could actual receive the ball in the attacking half on the left as the space opened up. Rather than the Bruce way of chucking the ball at him on the halfway line and expecting him to dribble past 7  players.

2 minutes ago, alexf said:

No team around us has a player with his ability. We have to make it count and convert points. 

Biggest concern is he has been fit all season and hasn't missed a game and yet we're rock bottom. 

In him and Wilson, on their day and best form, we have two forwards better than most in and around us easily.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

You know that kid who stood in front of his car and prevented him from leaving the training ground who he told to fuck off?

He’s gave him an expensive watch as an apology.

He's aged quite a bit if so.

I get the impression that he couldn't give a toss if a manager tries to reign him in. Loves football, and enjoys playing his game too much to be reigned in by donkeys like Bruce; that being said I think Bruce realised the ASM situation and milked it like fuck. 

Him now with Howe reminds me Conte 15/16 with Hazard, and I hope it's this situation - not just with ASM, but with whole squad -  ASM, don't care what you do with the ball going forward, but without the ball, eat grass and be part of a team defending.

Edited by Abra Dubravka

No denying this lad's talent and his importance to the team, but fucking hell he is never fully fit. He looks like he going to burst any second and never looks like he can finish a game. Both legs totally strapped up tonight. There's clearly fundamental issues with him imo; probably why he's here and not elsewhere tbh. 

Frustrating because I don't think we'd have conceded if we'd left him on, but he just isn't up to it. 

Having only seen him live four times, has he always looked this knackered/Yaya Toure'd out of possession or is it a recent thing?

It seemed like he was instructed not to press today, too, which was getting the huckles around me proper wound up. Reminded me of the halcyon days of Laurent, Laurent Robert on the wing with the bile.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Having only seen him live four times, has he always looked this knackered/Yaya Toure'd out of possession or is it a recent thing?

It seemed like he was instructed not to press today, too, which was getting the huckles around me proper wound up. Reminded me of the halcyon days of Laurent, Laurent Robert on the wing with the bile.

He's always looked gassed early on whenever I've seen him play on telly, like. 

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

After Clark fucked up, he probably was told to conserve his energy for when we were on the ball. Our tactic today had to go a bit Bruce-ball of giving him the ball when we had it, so it makes sense for him to not be knackered from pressing when he recievs it. 

51 minutes ago, Nobody said:

After Clark fucked up, he probably was told to conserve his energy for when we were on the ball. Our tactic today had to go a bit Bruce-ball of giving him the ball when we had it, so it makes sense for him to not be knackered from pressing when he recievs it. 

I said the same thing to my lads when the were asking him to press more .

55 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Probably correct when you think about it.

Fucking Ciaran Cunting Clark.

Got the impression both him and Wilson were told just to loiter upfront and conserve energy the minute we went 4-3-2. Neither dropped into make the extra man very often and pressing from either was pretty much non existent albeit it seemed like ASM took it to the Nth degree but as the only player we have that can carry the ball more than a few metres it has to expected.