Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

He’s trying too hard at the attacking stuff and not trying hard enough at the other stuff, he needs to find a balance between the two, that’s why he’s goosed all the time, he just needs to calm down, he doesn’t always have to run at people with the ball at mad pace nor run back and chase after everyone.

Edited by HTT II

On 30/11/2021 at 21:41, Yorkie said:

No denying this lad's talent and his importance to the team, but fucking hell he is never fully fit. He looks like he going to burst any second and never looks like he can finish a game. Both legs totally strapped up tonight. There's clearly fundamental issues with him imo; probably why he's here and not elsewhere tbh. 

Frustrating because I don't think we'd have conceded if we'd left him on, but he just isn't up to it. 

Hes also had his wrist taped up for months - no idea whats going on there.

2 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I noticed that but was just thinking it's because of the way he plays he regularly gets brought down, makes sense to have wrist support for when he's stopping himself.

From everything we’ve seen so far, it is fair to say that the lad likes an accessory. 

Fairly frustrating performance. Good runs, great energy, lack of end product. One great pass for Wilson though. I keep comparing him to Ben Arfa, which I shouldn't, but I just wish Hatem was here and in his prime still :lol:

ASM is explosive, exciting and unpredictable but I think Hatem was comfortably the better player. I feel like he was a lot more deliberate and planned and his decision making was generally better; whereas I think Maxi just seems to go wherever his legs are taking him. HBA had a fiercer shot and was a better passer too. 

I've, kind of, stopped getting excited when he picks the ball up as it invariably ends with nothing positive. HBA always kept me enthralled, obviously failed more than he succeeded with the ball but the anticipation and hope was always present.

I haven't given up on ASM but he needs to step up a level.

2 hours ago, SiLvOR said:

Fairly frustrating performance. Good runs, great energy, lack of end product. One great pass for Wilson though. I keep comparing him to Ben Arfa, which I shouldn't, but I just wish Hatem was here and in his prime still :lol:

Two great passes for Wilson today. Pope was very alert though and got to the second one first.

The biggest difference is that we aren't playing with the only tactic being that everything goes through him and no one else. For all the results haven't been brilliant yet, we are at least trying to mix the threat up a bit. Coming up with a style of play that isn't just "give it to Maxi and herwp" is our best chance of survival, especially given his injury record. 

Spends too much time remonstrating with himself after his run or shot comes to nowt.

Needs to stop that shit and get straight back into a defending mindset rather than theatrically waving his arms about and shaking his head in frustration that he failed to score a worldie, again. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I swear that commentator on the American coverage always calls him San-Maximum btw. Pain in the arse. 

He does. Weird Scots-Anglo hybrid accent he's got. 

As for Maxi, he's massive asset. I do worry that he seems frustrated at things not coming off, but I think as we start to have those tougher away games he could be massive on the break.

I was impressed by the way he linked up with Joelinton - finally looking like two blokes who'd been working together for two an a half years. I feel the criticism is a bit harsh and have no doubt Howe will get a lot more out of him.