Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

This lad looks great in a team full of dross but he actually isn't that good. Unfortunately hes all we have to rely on at the minute for goals and I hope he scores them but when we bring some quality into the squad he'll look every bit of the overrated player he is and he'll be shipped out. There will be no patience for fancy step overs and losing the ball once we've actually got a half decent team out there. 

Just now, RealGoneKid said:

Said ages ago with a proper team he wouldnt get a game

Aye, he can't operate in a proper system and play to the tempo and discipline of the players around him.  Which is why he plays for us.

So many times where he just needed to pass the fucking ball and move, yet he dallied and dallied.

9 minutes ago, wormy said:

Particularly toward the end it drove me mad watching him dance in to a double team while Trippier just stood behind him waiting to be an outlet. 

Yeah that was annoying. 89th minute, Trippier waiting for the pass back to him to cross it in, he turns back to the byline and runs it out for a goal-kick. .Getting predictable. Might be an asset as we move from bottom of the league fodder to mid-table, but don't see him above that.

Joke of a performance. He's pissed me off a lot this season, thinks he's a lot better than he is. Needs to step up massively and help dig us out of this shit, but I can see him just fading away.

Edited by SiLvOR

2 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Joke of a performance. He's pissed me off a lot this season, thinks he's a lot better than he is. Needs to step up massively and help dig us out of this shot, but I can see him just fading away.

Big fish in a small pond under Ashley. As we start adding bigger fish though I don't think he'll survive in the long run. Once Trippier is more integrated and better players come in, I can see them getting pissed off with his non-decision making. Almiron, Murphy, Joelinton, etc will take it but I doubt top players will.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

11 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Am I alone in thinking he's looked slower and more laboured post Bruce? He doesn't seem to move quite as freely, hence struggling to get by a man.

Thought he always looked better from Bruce coming back from injury, or after the covid break etc. Think he struggles to perform at his best over a large number of matches. 

39 minutes ago, Andy said:

Certainly very poor today, sick of seeing him turn back on himself over and over again. Can't work out if it's low confidence or over confidence with him, but he's been a lot less direct lately, which was previously his biggest asset.

Funnily enough, Hatem had this in him too and it got to its worst just before he left. 

He basically ballooned in weight and seemed to view a 90 minute game as a technique training session. ASM did a good job of creating that chance for Jacob Murphy, but he also seems to be playing his own game too often. I can't see any weight gain, but he doesn't look as physically sharp/lean as previous. It's a nightmare given his importance to our attacking output.

Just now, Thiago said:

Funnily enough, Hatem had this in him too and it got to its worst just before he left. 

He basically ballooned in weight and seemed to view a 90 minute game as a technique training session. ASM did a good job of creating that chance for Jacob Murphy, but he also seems to be playing his own game too often. I can't see any weight gain, but he doesn't look as physically sharp/lean as previous. It's a nightmare given his importance to our attacking output.

Hatem's end product was on a different level to ASM's still though, even towards the end.