Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He also barely got picked and was dropped any time he was good. He’s a better player than ASM like. Easily. I remember he played false 9 in one game and was fine, linking and dropping into to play 

ASM isn't fit to lace Hatem's boots.

Just now, Klaus said:

Exactly the point i was trying to make. Yes he is frustrating, but he can make things happen from nothing.

I still think his time is limited here though, better teams pass and move, they don't have dribblers trying to win games with wonder goals.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Hatem’s won more than Danny Simpson. 

That’s absolutely not the point like. The point was, rather bemoaning the quality of your teammates and trying to do it all on your own, play a team game as a team.

Players like Ben Arfa and ASM are individuals and they play like it. They can probably coast in good teams, like a PSG or Marseille, but they are worthless to a team in a relegation battle.

We need a team that functions together. ASM’s one moment of magic every five games isn’t currently worth his lack of contribution in the other four games.

Watching Ben Arfa I never felt as frustrated with him. Partly because he almost always pulled off whatever he was trying to do and didn't lose the ball anywhere near as often as ASM, and also because I think he usually moved the ball around far more and picked the times to take people on much better. The two cannot be compared in any way shape or form. Ben Arfa was by far the more superior player.

9 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Exactly the point i was trying to make. Yes he is frustrating, but he can make things happen from nothing.

Then he’s not for us at this time. There were two occasions an easy ball to Fraser for example could have resulted in a good chance. Today a simple pass to Trippier would have lead to a good crossing opportunity with plenty of players in the box. Just because he feels in his head these aren’t to his level doesn’t mean he should be trying to do it alone.

Think like someone has mentioned, an impact sub might be his role at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

That’s absolutely not the point like. The point was, rather bemoaning the quality of your teammates and trying to do it all on your own, play a team game as a team.

Players like Ben Arfa and ASM are individuals and they play like it. They can probably coast in good teams, like a PSG or Marseille, but they are worthless to a team in a relegation battle.

We need a team that functions together. ASM’s one moment of magic every five games isn’t currently worth his lack of contribution in the other four games.

Agree with most of what you say, however there have been a fair amount of times this season alone where he's done everything possible to lay a scoring chance up on a plate for someone and they've ballsed it up. Vice versa he's been in the position to score and he hasn't received the right pass because most of the fuckwits that play for us can't handle a 5 yard ball to feet.

He can go missing in games for certain but I'd love to see him in a team where he has quality around him. Until that point I find it hard to be to harsh on him.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Watching Ben Arfa I never felt as frustrated with him. Partly because he almost always pulled off whatever he was trying to do and didn't lose the ball anywhere near as often as ASM, and also because I think he usually moved the ball around far more and picked the times to take people on much better. The two cannot be compared in any way shape or form. Ben Arfa was by far the more superior player.

Yep, I remember saying many times how for a slight figure, how hard it was to knock Ben Arfa off the ball, he was a tough son of a bitch. So is ASM tbf, but Hatem just had better end product. 

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

People even comparing the two. HBA had everything but the right attitude and a manager who trusted him.

26 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Ben Arfa was a different league to Saint-Maximin. He’d be frustrating at times but he was far better in his decision making and end product overall.

Comparing Ben Arfa and ASM is just retarded. Ben Arfa in his own league here. Man would have wrecked Cambridge alone. 

missed the earlier quote i see

Edited by peder

15 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Him and Trippier are nailed on to fall out btw. Trippier won't pussyfoot around him and will tell him straight.

I predict ASM gone by next season.

There was already a moment in the game today when ASM was fannying around with the ball towards the later stages, Trippier put his arms up and shouted at ASM to pass it or something along those lines.

Guest Biggsbond14

He simply hasn’t got the intelligence to give the ball 95% of the time and basically makes it up as he goes along imho 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Notice how the next thing he does is release PL title winner Danny Simpson as well rather than try and beat the world because he doesn’t trust him.

Yes. That's football. 

2 minutes ago, themanupstairs said:

Entertainment has no value in a struggling team. He needs special attention from Howe as he's clearly one of the most talented members of the squad and we will need him at his absolute best to have a chance of winning enough matches to stay up.

I don't see what Howe can do with him when ASM doesn't know what he's going to do next 99% of the time.

How do you coach an absolute wildcard into an effective team player?

As I said earlier, Trippier will hate making runs for him and never seeing a pass and Wilson has already indicated he finds him frustrating because he cannot rely on ASM's service.