Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah struck me straight away, sure he occasionally lost it, all flair players do. But ASM seems to want it all every single time. Sometimes you have to be smart with the ball 

Which most of the time he isn’t (love him btw) frustrating as fook when he’s trying to take 11 men on with no spacial awareness of who’s around him. 

On the upside we’ll have new signings to lift our mood going into the Watford game. Trippier breath of fresh air. Oh and no Extra games to risk a fragile 11 to injuries.

full steam ahead to 17th place :indi:

2 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

I don't see what Howe can do with him when ASM doesn't know what he's going to do next 99% of the time.

How do you coach an absolute wildcard into an effective team player?

As I said earlier, Trippier will hate making runs for him and never seeing a pass and Wilson has already indicated he finds him frustrating because he cannot rely on ASM's service.

I agree, but he's a massive asset, and Howe as the manager needs to find a way to get the best out of him. Whether it's by giving him a free role, or bringing him on as a first sub etc. A lot will depend on the players we bring in this window too. If we bring another skilful demon then we'd at least have balance on both sides, and not everything would have to go through him. He's a rotten egg at the moment and Howe is paid to get the best out of him or sell.

14 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

The stoke touch, while we are at it:

https://imgur.com/a/0iKL1vz

The beauty of that sequence is how he had also seen the run by his teammate in his periphery while pulling off that touch, and then he released the ball to him right away.

ASM would have started trying to dribble their whole team from that position ... same thing every single time man. Like, switch it up occasionally please!

Guest neesy111
6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

You almost have to concede and give him a free role but that is a big risk. Very big 

Yeah.  Do you risk that or make the team more cohesive in terms of formation etc.

In the position we are in, I'd go to the latter tbh and use him off the bench.

Edited by neesy111

Guest neesy111

I'd go for the latter personally if we get the right players in, I think in the position we are in we need all hands on deck.  Bad situation to choose though.

Edited by neesy111

Somehow, the only player in the squad that seemed to put more effort in under Bruce :lol: Quite regularly looks like he doesn’t want to be here of late. 

I know he has always had his flaws, sulks and ‘injuries’. It’s easier to ignore when he’s playing well. But the lack of effort and shirking everything is just unacceptable. That’s worse than a bit of bad form. 

He is our most gifted player and we need him to get out the shit. 

ASM is not the problem with this team. He's the least of our worries.

Problems with him as I see it are:

- He doesn't trust the other players because he thinks they're dogshit so tired to do it alone, but it's kinda hard to argue against him there even if it's frustrating as fuck

- The opposition know that he's our only that because the rest of our players are dogshit so they stick 2 or 3 round him, marking or crowding him out of the game

Get a couple of other decent forward players in the team who the opposition actually have to worry about and he'll look a different player. Be absolutely mad to even think about losing him from the squad, he does things few other players can.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I know Willock has been shocking as well, but think there’s more chance of him scoring a few arriving from deep with a regular supply from the full-backs and wingers in this position.

Same. 

Guest Biggsbond14
8 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

- He doesn't trust the other players because he thinks they're dogshit so tired to do it alone, but it's kinda hard to argue against him there even if it's frustrating as fuck

- The opposition know that he's our only that because the rest of our players are dogshit so they stick 2 or 3 round him, marking or crowding him out of the game

Get a couple of other decent forward players in the team who the opposition actually have to worry about and he'll look a different player. Be absolutely mad to even think about losing him from the squad, he does things few other players can.

I Think he thinks he is better than he actually is and the Twitter knackers blowing him off has got to his head

19 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I feel like that has been the case a lot of the time in the past. But since the Brentford game, where he was great. A lot of the time, he has been lazy, ran down more blind alleys than an Oba Martins/Jonas hybrid, refuses an easy pass to play teammates in on goal and shirks even attempting to win the ball.

He also wants to play centrally, but he is woeful there. I get he isn’t a striker. But whether it is as some kind of false 9 or a attacking mid, he is equally poor. He can’t receive the ball back to goal and he doesn’t seem to link play in the free role, either. 

We need him happy and in the team out wide. As he is quality and a match winner. It’s just where he fits at the minute. 

Playing up front solo is giving ASM too much rope to hang himself with, he's trying to do too much and showboating all the time. He needs a decent striker in front of him so he's not trying to do everything himself and wasting so much of the ball. With confirmation Wilson is out for 8 weeks we need to buy someone this week or we're screwed

1 hour ago, Minhosa said:

Him and Trippier are nailed on to fall out btw. Trippier won't pussyfoot around him and will tell him straight.

I predict ASM gone by next season.

If we stay up I think he’ll be gone in the summer tbh. I’m not even arsed because now we know a replacement will be sought.

I should clarify, if we go down, of course he’ll be gone.

Edited by WarrenBartonCentrePartin

7 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Was awful today but he shouldn't be dropped, like [emoji38] 

Playing Willock ahead of him would be madness. 

Aye, get him back on the wing and he'll continue to be a very good player for us. Do people forget the Man Utd game literally last week? :lol:

1 minute ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

He has never hit above 5 for goals or assists in a Season in his Career.

He's 25 in March.

Aside from step overs and bandages he's nothing unusual.

Wayne Routledge had better output.

Yes he has, twice.

He's already on 4 goals and 3 assists this season as well after 19 games.

42 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

This is the same feeling I get. And its an easy job when you can just stick 3 on him cause the rest of our players are so fucking bad that you can let them just walk in to other players

No idea what's up with this lad. Has the ability, we've seen it. But his decision making is questionable at best and he either tries to do it all himself or be invisible for games. I thought his attitude today stunk tbh, he's not the only one mind but not being up for a game against any opposition in any competition is borderline unforgiveable. Problem that we had between 2014 and 2016.