Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, I don’t even think it needs to involve the referee on the pitch TBH. Have a look at the replay, if he’s missed a foul or a dive, make the decision from the pictures. 

It’s a bit silly to persevere with this idea that you need to protect the status of the ref. He’s a human, he’s going to miss things, that’s why replays are good. 

Aye, good point. Take it out of the referee's hands. He's not an impartial observer

I really like the idea of a review system that managers can use during the game. Essentially get three people in a box to review the decision a manager disagrees with based on some sort of criteria and the consensus wins out. Keep the video for offsides only and red card tackles - job done 

7 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I really like the idea of a review system that managers can use during the game. Essentially get three people in a box to review the decision a manager disagrees with based on some sort of criteria and the consensus wins out. Keep the video for offsides only and red card tackles - job done 

Try cricket or rugby if you want to watch that, fuck the VAR off and just get back to the way it was.

On 24/01/2022 at 23:30, chayton said:

Sadly they've got to a point where they've decided VAR is not allowed to undermine a referee's decision - ergo he's got to have got it seriously wrong for them to even consider overturning it. And as you say in realtime you cannot microscopically disect it. This is where ASM is his own worst enemy. He's made the referee's mind up by trying over-egg it. As soon as that was done, it was never going to get overturned.

This is why VAR need to make the call instead of the ref. In decades now referees have often not given freekicks and penalties unless the players over-play it, and often you can see they are avaiting a reaction from the player before they blow.. If players stay on their feet or dont react much they normally dont get anything, so I can understand ASM over-plays it because he/we dont get penalties that often and IF he doesnt over-play it we can certainly say we wouldnt get the penalty... Imho VAR need to correct the error, because in my book making the wrong decision about a penalty is seriously wrong so they should consider overturning it.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Yeahhhh I don't think he he will the Ballon D'or like

Me neither but with Ronaldo and Messi only a season or 2 away from retiring its anyone's game really. Especially if your name is Haaland.

One huge benefit of signing another attacker who can move well with and without the ball is that it should help to unlock ASM's potential. He's obviously talented, and points are always accessible when he's on the pitch, because he can come up with something out of nowhere even when playing poorly. He's incredibly unpolished and individualistic though, and if he's to be part of our future long-term he needs to settle into a role that is more than simply 'the wild card'.

I'm not saying he needs to track back or lose his bandana; I'm saying he and the manager need to effectively blend him into the attacking unit, because I don't think that's happened yet. Recruiting more flair and relieving some of the pressure on him to provide all of it will really help. 

9 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

"it's not all about me"

I'm getting a bit sick of him to be honest. He really needs to come back down to earth over the coming months.

Getting a bit sick of one of the very few players to give us any joy in recent seasons?

I'll be honest, that's thrown me somewhat. Feels like all the colour is being drained away from my surroundings.

Player has ambition to become best player in the world.... Gets turned into a negative 😂

I just appreciate him for his qualities that he brings to the team and know he will only keep improving with better coaching and surrounded by better players which will unlock more space for him to cause havok. 

Hope he stays fit till the end of the season. His fitness can only get better under Howe's management and hopefully will have a strong end to the season which is very important to get us the goals to survive. 

3 minutes ago, alexf said:

Player has ambition to become best player in the world.... Gets turned into a negative

Maybe he should try an individual sport that doesn't rely on everybody's contribution, or learn to bring others into his quest for glory.

13 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Maybe he should try an individual sport that doesn't rely on everybody's contribution, or learn to bring others into his quest for glory.

Like Messi, Ronaldo, Salah etc etc?? 

You can want to be the best individual player you can whilst helping your team at the same time. 

Salah is the most greedy and selfish goal hungry player going but it still means his team benefits from that drive and desire to be the best. 

Sure saint-maximin could improve and learn when to pass and when to go alone more but that's all part of developing. 

Surround him with better players I'm sure he'll pass more once he can see they aren't gonna fuck up the chance he gives them, like our other players do on a regular basis. 

1 minute ago, alexf said:

Like Messi, Ronaldo, Salah etc etc?? 

You can want to be the best individual player you can whilst helping your team at the same time. 

Salah is the most greedy and selfish goal hungry player going but it still means his team benefits from that drive and desire to be the best. 

Sure saint-maximin could improve and learn when to pass and when to go alone more but that's all part of developing. 

Surround him with better players I'm sure he'll pass more once he can see they aren't gonna fuck up the chance he gives them, like our other players do on a regular basis. 

I bet you play Rocket league and think despite losing 10-0 you were the best player because you scored 200 points and your teammates barely got out of double figures.