Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Guest HTT II

It’s hard to value any player these days, but I’d be hoping we’d look for 40m + given how much some of the tat players go for. 

10 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It’s hard to value any player these days, but I’d be hoping we’d look for 40m + given how much some of the tat players go for. 

His numbers just don't justify that fee.

He's somewhat comparable to Adama Traore value wise. St. Maximin's best premier league season output has been 5 goals and 5 assists. Traore's has been 4 goals and 9 assists.

If he goes it will be for around £35 million at the most I imagine.

I go backwards and forwards on ASM. There's times where I've felt more than happy to see him jettisoned because he's not as good as most casual punditry would have you believe. However, it feels hasty to bin him now when good recruitment this summer could truly unlock his potential. We might get a lower fee down the line if he still doesn't fashion a truly effective and consistent role in the team, but it's a small gamble. Plus selling him now just adds a massive new bullet point to the to-do list, which we could really do without. 

Probably a non-starter anyway due to all the reasons which have been discussed (asking price/fitness issues/character issues).

Happy to have him in the side next season but also happy to get rid and upgrade on him this window.  He's good but he's not top class and if we can get £35m for him and bring in someone better then let's do it.  If we can't then he's good enough for now.

5 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

We can already see how difficult it is buying players. I'd be amazed if we could get a better player than ASM for the money we'd sell him for. Even if it's possible it's a massive gamble.

Are you serious ...

We just signed Guimaraes and Trippier in the midst of a relegation dog fight.

It's still early in the window and clubs are trying to get the most they can for their players, especially the better ones.

We will sign players man. Folks really need to chill out.

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I go backwards and forwards on ASM. There's times where I've felt more than happy to see him jettisoned because he's not as good as most casual punditry would have you believe. However, it feels hasty to bin him now when good recruitment this summer could truly unlock his potential. We might get a lower fee down the line if he still doesn't fashion a truly effective and consistent role in the team, but it's a small gamble. Plus selling him now just adds a massive new bullet point to the to-do list, which we could really do without. 

Probably a non-starter anyway due to all the reasons which have been discussed (asking price/fitness issues/character issues).

It's not like we are out here just trying to sell him for no reason.

The report is that this has been instigated from his side due to wanting a bigger wage due to interest from Spurs and Chelsea.

If this is actually true and those clubs follow up their interest, it's likely going to end in a sale.

10 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

We can already see how difficult it is buying players. I'd be amazed if we could get a better player than ASM for the money we'd sell him for. Even if it's possible it's a massive gamble.

Also, let’s see how he performs this season with better players around him. I think he will have a good season and increase his value personally. 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

"Alexa, give me the Oxford English Dictionary definition of 'hell'..."

65195034.jpg

5 hours ago, KDT said:

The hate for Saint-Maximin is mental, let's have Murphy start 30 league games and see where we end up.

People don’t hate him they are just disappointed he is not reaching his full potential due to some really obvious (but fixable) flaws.

It’s always one or the other with folk on here :lol: you must either think he’s the best in the world or you want him carrying past the Strawberry naked and lashed with a whip.

Nobody could possibly appreciate his raw talent but recognise he could be even better, for his own personal benefit but the team also.

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

People don’t hate him they are just disappointed he is not reaching his full potential due to some really obvious (but fixable) flaws.

It’s always one or the other with folk on here :lol: you must either think he’s the best in the world or you want him carrying past the Strawberry naked and lashed with a whip.

Nobody could possibly appreciate his raw talent but recognise he could be even better, for his own personal benefit but the team also.

Nah I've absolutely been around some people at the match who hate him.

35 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Happy to have him in the side next season but also happy to get rid and upgrade on him this window.  He's good but he's not top class and if we can get £35m for him and bring in someone better then let's do it.  If we can't then he's good enough for now.

But if we upgrade other areas of the team, the opposition will find it difficult to double up on ASM without leaving space for upgraded teamates to exploit!

Not sure why we are discussing this tbh, we haven't got a better player in the team and are unlikely to get a better one this window with so many other holes to fill (fnar fnar). Really does seem to be a polarised view on ASM, the boy clearly has bags of talent but doesn't always make the right decisions, he's a great player but will unlikely be the world beater everyone wishes he would be. He is unstoppable on his day and frustrating off it, but it's delusional to be talking about binning him off at this stage of his and our development.

28 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Did you even read the article on how this has come about? My goodness :lol:

I'm not talking about the article, I'm talking about people's reactions to the article as well as the general consensus of a fairly large contingent of online fans.

Out of interest, would anyone think we should give him the new deal he's after this summer, if the article is accurate?

For me, I'd like to have a look at what he does this season before discussing a new contract with him.

Guest HTT II

He needs to be targeting 10 goals and at least 10 assists next season (be it league or all competitions) if he does stay, he’s capable of the former, I’m not sure of the latter…