Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

4 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

That dive today was rancid, I don’t ever want to see one of our players pulling shit like that ever again.

Has he done that before? That was so blatent.

38 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

That dive today was rancid, I don’t ever want to see one of our players pulling shit like that ever again.

Remember when Gillespie did one against Blackburn, was a cracker too, can;'t believe it wasn't given pre VAR.

Keegan made him go and apologise to the referee.

Thats the stuf.

Jack Harrison's delivery for Leeds' first goal today is something we don't see enough of from either Max or Almiron. Neither of them arrive at the far post either to support Wislon, no wonder he always looks isolated. No wonder their stats are comparatively poor at this level.

Guest HTT II

He was so sloppy in terms of his passing yesterday, but at least he was looking up and trying to pass to players in good positions, once or twice he hesitated to take his man on mind and when he does, he needs to get to that byline which he failed at. And that dive, he can cut that shit out like!

When he's running with the ball, I don't get the same expectation that something is going to happen like I did with Ben Arfa. There's almost an inevitability that ASM will lose it dribbling, or fuck up the final pass/shot. He needs to turn that around this season, I really hope he can.

End product, whether that be a shot on target, cross, or ten yard pass is generally shite on an almost 1 in 2 basis. I like the kid, he's exciting, he's capable but I think he needs to screw his loaf and forget his hype a little bit. He's no longer a big fish in a small pond. 

If he puts that kind of work in off the ball week in week out though I cannot really criticise him too much tbh. He was absolutely shite on the ball like, but I think it was pretty clear his head had completely gone for some reason.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If he puts that kind of work in off the ball week in week out though I cannot really criticise him too much tbh. He was absolutely shite on the ball like, but I think it was pretty clear his head had completely gone for some reason.

Pretty much aye, most flair players also don’t produce week in week out and lack consistency mind. 

was awful yesterday that being said :lol:

1 hour ago, Heron said:

End product, whether that be a shot on target, cross, or ten yard pass is generally shite on an almost 1 in 2 basis. I like the kid, he's exciting, he's capable but I think he needs to screw his loaf and forget his hype a little bit. He's no longer a big fish in a small pond. 

I totally agree.

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

He was so sloppy in terms of his passing yesterday, but at least he was looking up and trying to pass to players in good positions, once or twice he hesitated to take his man on mind and when he does, he needs to get to that byline which he failed at. And that dive, he can cut that shit out like!

You’ve summed his performance up perfectly.Looking for the easy pass first isn’t his game,but it need to be his game otherwise he’ll never be a team player.He’ll be aware of his selfishness so he needs to change otherwise he won’t be part of our future.

16 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

You’ve summed his performance up perfectly.Looking for the easy pass first isn’t his game,but it need to be his game otherwise he’ll never be a team player.He’ll be aware of his selfishness so he needs to change otherwise he won’t be part of our future.

He's trying tbf, he's just not much good at it. His delivery is generally pish if and when it arrives. His game is more about running and dribbling this way and that. If you want someone to beat one man, or sometimes two, he's your guy.

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Did it? 

Yep back half of last season the petulance started, hand gestures to teammates when they choose a pass to someone else other than him. The guy has absolutely no end product and would struggle to hit the floor if he fell on it, which is forgivable if you graft your arse off for the team but unforgivable when you don’t. 

Now he’s being asked to pass more I think he would be more beneficial on the right with Almiron on the left. Almiron has no right foot so if they switched we could see a lot more crosses into the box. 

however we play with Trippier going forward so I guess it wouldn’t work with maxi on that side. 

I mean... I'm not his biggest fan, but it was only last week that everyone was saying he'd he had a tremendous game and really started to fit into our modern way of doing things. He won't be perfect at that yet, and the whore-madonna treatment he gets is over the top, particularly considering he wasn't the odd man out yesterday.

An ALDI Hatem without the near enough consistent end product. Doesn't seem to naturally have it.

As suggested earlier, his game is more or less tricks against beating 1-2 players then hoping for the best 

He's definitely passing more and trying to be less selfish but the quality to deliver in that department is far too inconsistent

I fear this season we will see he's hit his ceiling here and is best suited to being a gold fish in a small bowl kind of environment/club.

I hope he proves his doubters wrong, absolutely love the lad and won't forget his contributions when he first joined. 

Edited by Amir_9