Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

If Eddie kept to the mantra that you dont change a winning team then it makes sense for him to start them both next week (Isak & Maxi).

You have to rotate players depending on how tired/jaded they look and also to keep the opposition on their toes.

I really would love to see them both start, absolutely bossed the southampton defenders.

If a team came to him and said we want you to be the main man, at Newcastle you are going to just be a cog I could completely understand the pull. I will accept him being moved on in the summer with exciting replacement, he is not ideally suited to teh high press we play but I will still be really sad and hope he seizes a place in the squad with performances like Tuesdays because he has all the capability in the world to be great but he needs to get relentless in providing end product.

Maxi can be the difference maker for us in the second half of the season. Might be off the bench to turn games but I hope he works his way into the first team. He looks like he’s changed his game and he has the ability to take the league by storm. Unplayable on his day, just needs to do it consistently which I believe he can.

Selling him would be a huge mistake. A loan is laughable. Fortunately the rumours are totally baseless.

3 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Maxi can be the difference maker for us in the second half of the season. Might be off the bench to turn games but I hope he works his way into the first team. He looks like he’s changed his game and he has the ability to take the league by storm. Unplayable on his day, just needs to do it consistently which I believe he can.

Selling him would be a huge mistake. A loan is laughable. Fortunately the rumours are totally baseless.

Agree 100%. Looking forward to seeing him have more time on the pitch with the likes of Isak now that he’s finally recovered from injury.

13 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Aye - i'm looking at him and Isak to contribute 15-20 G/A between them from now until the end of the season.

I don't fancy Miggy to get another 9 goals. We need to get those goals from elsewhere.

It's nice to hear that he thinks he's doing as much as he can, and then some. Would have to be a right snide fker to be as 2-faced to say that and then it not be the case, and I don't think him to be like that. Dispells the 'lazy French flair player' myth that often gets touted about on Twitter etc.

His absolute best is yet to come at this club. He can be levels above what he has been so far overall. Just gotta stay fit and the rest will come. 

Edited by Ikon