Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

I was just playing Magic the Gathering with him, he said "Mate, those bellends have no idea. I can't leave, I've got an ASBO ankle bracelet that will go off the moment I step outside of the NE postcodes. Also, I don't have a passport. I traded it in for a mint condition First-Edition Crystal Charizard." 

I'd be quite gutted if we got rid of him. Yes, he can be frustrating, something I've voiced, but he really does seem to have bought into Eddie's instruction. He looked incredibly sharp the other night, and I think he's in for a start Tuesday, which will kick him on. Have complete faith that he'll be here for a while, and thrive.

If I had to put money on his future, that's where I'd put it. As things stand he can leave here with his head held high, though. And therefore, I still hope he does get back in the team as he's clearly got a lot to give. But it might just be a style incompatibility.

24 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

He’ll be gone in the summer, nailed on.

He’s a luxury Ginola type player and will never cover the ground that Howe wants.

Happy for him to go tbh.

Some of you really deserve to watch Jacob Murphy for all eternity. 

Bearing in mind Southampton need to come here and attack, leaving themselves open at the back, and we have a crucial game half a week later, you'd think it would be ideal for ASM to start. Giving Longstaff or Willock a rest in the process.

If that doesn't happen, you'd have to think that means something for the long term. Unless whatever injury or illness he's been dealing with has been even worse than we realise.

12 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Not what I was saying. 

There will be skilful players out there who can properly cover their left back. He isn’t one of them.

We've got Murphy, Fraser and Ritchie to get rid of yet.

Don't think he has a long-term here primarily because of ffp and not sure he'll be okay alternating, but it would be great if he was as that would be three top wide men.

Like to see Gordon as an upgrade on Murphy that's going to alternate with ASM/Miggy than a replacement.

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

Every week someone is fantasising about selling ASM, proper weird behaviour when you look at our squad. 

This. He's about the last player I'd sell from the pre-takeover days. There's plenty more we need to ship out first.

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

This. He's about the last player I'd sell from the pre-takeover days. There's plenty more we need to ship out first.

It's like going back to the Robert days, get him out the lazy bastard they said, then Shearer had no service 

11 minutes ago, Pata said:

Every week someone is fantasising about selling ASM, proper weird behaviour when you look at our squad. 

Exactly. Previously we didn't have much competition for Wilson, now we have him and Isak fighting for the shirt.

What's wrong with having Gordon and Maxi doing the same for that left wing position? Why do we need to sell?

26 minutes ago, Mr Pups said:

It's like going back to the Robert days, get him out the lazy bastard they said, then Shearer had no service 

People's hatred of flair players is proper weird. They're always going to lose the ball more than your Tiotes or Battys, because they try things. That's the whole point. And you don't really want them tracking back all of the time because they need energy to run the other way.

Obviously there's a limit, they need to put some effort in, but I pay money to watch exciting play not to watch James fucking Perch knock a pass 5 yards sideways to Vernon bloody Anita.