Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Wasn't there a stat just a day or so ago that ASM played more minutes than any other player last year?

Sure some of that was under the cabbage, but it's baffling to think he's not rated by Howe. He's not played because of injury and because we've not lost since he's been back fit again. It took Bruno ages to get in the first XI ffs, and Isak is having to walk the same path as ASM.

When you consider all of that, there's absolutely no reason to think Howe doesn't rate or trust him. He just needs to bide his time.

Or he just doesn't fit into Howe’s plans?

I hope he does but just can’t see it

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

do we not think Howe's thinking that with Gordon he has the best of both worlds going forward in someone with the flair of ASM and the work ethic of Willock?

I'm thinking he realises that if we're gonna play in Europe next sesson, we probably don't want to rely on Jacob Murphy if ASM or Almiron gets injured

Edited by mikejaxer

17 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

do we not think Howe's thinking that with Gordon he has the best of both worlds going forward in someone with the flair of ASM and the work ethic of Willock?

Gordon doesn't have anywhere near the flair of ASM and that's not a dig at Gordon. :lol: I think we are too solid right now defensively on the left hand side and Howe obviously realises that but we are still not losing games (and creating chances) so he's in no hurry to change the starting eleven. Burn and Joelinton covering for ASM is more than enough and I'm pretty sure ASM or Gordon are on the left soon probably on Willock's expense.

Almiron has started almost every game this season, Gordon should help with giving him some rest too. We are in a position where we can spend almost £50m on a squad player. 

Edited by Pata

1 hour ago, Pata said:

Gordon doesn't have anywhere near the flair of ASM and that's not a dig at Gordon. :lol: I think we are too solid right now defensively on the left hand side and Howe obviously realises that but we are still not losing games (and creating chances) so he's in no hurry to change the starting eleven. Burn and Joelinton covering for ASM is more than enough and I'm pretty sure ASM or Gordon are on the left soon probably on Willock's expense.

Almiron has started almost every game this season, Gordon should help with giving him some rest too. We are in a position where we can spend almost £50m on a squad player. 

We certainly are solid down the left but we don’t put any changes away and miss way too many chances from there. I think if we ever get that right then we’re laughing.

Edited by Gawalls

2 hours ago, Chris_R said:

Wasn't there a stat just a day or so ago that ASM played more minutes than any other player last year?

Sure some of that was under the cabbage, but it's baffling to think he's not rated by Howe. He's not played because of injury and because we've not lost since he's been back fit again. It took Bruno ages to get in the first XI ffs, and Isak is having to walk the same path as ASM.

When you consider all of that, there's absolutely no reason to think Howe doesn't rate or trust him. He just needs to bide his time.

Exactly this. He was always in the starting line up prior to his injury problems. It's about not breaking what is working right now. He will get back in soon. Likewise Isak. The chance will come and if they seize it they will likely be back in the starting line up more regularly. 

Cant help but feel like its make or break time for Maxi. Big chance over the next 3 games to cement a place in the side for himself with Bruno out. 

If Howe goes with Gordon from the start against West Ham on saturday, that would probably signal that Maxi's time here is coming to an end sadly.

15 hours ago, Palestoon said:

Cant help but feel like its make or break time for Maxi. Big chance over the next 3 games to cement a place in the side for himself with Bruno out. 

If Howe goes with Gordon from the start against West Ham on saturday, that would probably signal that Maxi's time here is coming to an end sadly.

I don't think he will and imo that would be unfair on Maxi.

I don't think it's quite make or break but it is a massive oppurtunity for him to cement his place in the side. A lot of circumstances could unfold when there' so much going to every game and we have some options. He could be MOTM and be the man again and undroppable for the final with a couple strong performances. Could go the other way, be dragged off after an hour, Gordon & Almiron shines and he's a perma sub.

Yeah weirdly, he's always is expected to do more than everyone, give more than 100%

Its usually how this thread rolls.

7 minutes ago, buzza said:

I know the rest will turn up, just need maxi to give the 110%

Edited by mighty__mag

4 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Yeah weirdly, he's always is expected to do more than everyone, give more than 100%

Its usually how this thread rolls.

Aye! Can already sense people have the knives out if he doesn’t win the game for us.