Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

I like Maxi but fuck me, his reading of the game and anticipation of where his teammates want the ball or the space they’re going to move into is shit. He’s also terrible at not using his body to come towards the ball, often teammates make a good pass to him but he just waits for it to come rather than moving towards it or putting his body in the way. It’s infuriating play. Also, if he’s not on his game then we’re essentially carrying him considering he doesn’t press like the rest of the team and chase back 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I like Maxi but fuck me, his reading of the game and anticipation of where his teammates want the ball or the space they’re going to move into is shit. He’s also terrible at not using his body to come towards the ball, often teammates make a good pass to him but he just waits for it to come rather than moving towards it or putting his body in the way. It’s infuriating play. Also, if he’s not on his game then we’re essentially carrying him considering he doesn’t press like the rest of the team and chase back 

This. 

1 minute ago, Smal said:

I’m not sure what people are expecting from a player who hasn’t started a league game since August :lol:. He needs minutes and sharpness, that much is clear.

He also needs to come and show to the ball, cover back and not do a half arsed run then let players shoot on sight. It's a little unnatural and forced to do anything other than get the ball and dribble.

If the game is stretched he's great, but he does not fit this team and the way we play, unfortuately.