Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Said before that he’s not made for our system, when I saw his name on the team sheet tonight I thought he might have a chance to shine in a more direct version of our system because of no Bruno. 

As time goes on the more I just can’t see him staying here, reckon he’ll go in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I still don't want to be too harsh on him, coming into a changed team and hasn't played that much lately, he really looked like he was not sharp at all and kept second guessing himself, we can let this one slide but expect better from him going forward.

Gordon came into a brand new team and linked better with those around him though.

Got to allow for him coming back in after so few starts.

That was a typical ASM performance either way if people are honest about it though. Has more bad games than good but provided that's accepted we can debate whether to tolerate it or not, the pro's and con's, as a pro HBA/Ginola/Tino/Robert guy.

Were a team reliant on the sum of its parts now however.

I honestly can't see ASM working out. I think he's trying but the way we play is just not natural to him.

I also think he looks utterly shot of confidence and the crowd getting on his back every time something doesn't come off for him can't be helping.
He's reminds me of Miggy was before he came into form; he's playing like he doesn't believe what he's doing is going to work

So annoying when the crowd get on his back.

Think he needs to be used when the game is stretched. Playing him against a team who are themselves playing on the counter, where he is doubled up is a really low-probability option in terms of yielding success.

Feel bad as he's clearly trying to adapt his game to fit this side but it just isn't working. You can tell he hesitates now when he gets the ball and overthinks things. He was a better player when he played on instinct and more selfishly.

Needs a run of games but made it harder for himself today.

He's not instinctively looking to move the ball quickly often enough. His game when not on the break is more about opening up gaps to run into by baiting defenders. It can be really effective but is hard when a team is sat deep.

ASM taking a lot of abuse on twitter tonight, I thought he worked hard on that left side tonight, made some game defining tackles and started off some good moves. However, he wasn't great in the final 3rd, but who was? Hopefully Targett will be back soon to reignite that partnership as Burn looks like he could use a rest too.