Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

4 hours ago, Ben said:

Liverpool and Chelsea linked with him today.

Called it the other day, could see them looking at him as a long term Mane replacement myself.  Klopp will like what he can do in transition plus the price will likely suit Liverpool's current budgetting.  Fitness would be the major issue you'd think.

Once or twice today and also against Watford, he has shown body language of frustration and displeasure when his hardwork is undone by his teammates or they didnt feed him the right way. Just my opinion but he looks like he is getting fed up and rightly so when we're playing shit under a fucking useless manager.

His workrate and perfomances have been outstanding and I for one will not be surprised in the slightest should an offer from a bigger club comes in for him in January and he leaves. Won't blame him either when we're still stuck with Bruce,  no takeover and we're bottom 3.

4 minutes ago, huss9 said:

playing him through the middle as the lone striker ffs.

After handing Gayle a 3 year contract extension as well. I honestly think Ashley is just taking the piss now.

Guest neesy111
6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's unbelievable man :lol:

The unbelievable is totally believable when Steve Bruce is concerned.

He really needs to leave and join a club where he can become a great. He has all the ability in the world, but he can’t keep having the burden of trying to carry this terrible side in every game. In my opinion, he needs to work with better players and then he moves into the top level bracket of players easily

16 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Thing is playing him in the middle is just letting teams swamp him, it’s nullifying all the stuff he’s good at. He can’t even open up space for others. It’s one of the most criminally bad tactical decisions ever maybe.

Play him wide, let him drag CBs over, and open up space. 

Either that or play him in behind the striker and let him do as he pleases. For that though, you need to definsively drill your team and despite playing 5-4-1 we cannot seem to grasp that concept

On 03/10/2021 at 07:39, Heron said:

Lacking end product for me and is over complicating at key moments. Hugely exciting to watch, but can improve. Would help if Bruce didn't play him CF like. 

Always makes me laugh when people say he lacks end product

His stats would be much better if he had better team mates I’m fully convinced of this. Let’s not forget for most of his time here he’s been the only reason we’ve even been able to get ourselves in to the opposition’s half. If we could use him further up the pitch perhaps looking to get in behind defences more getting him in to one on one situations rather than just beating 5 players on the half way line, I think his stats would improve. There isn’t really a stat that exists that can measure the space he creates for his team mates or the panic he sets in opposition defenders. Look at our goal over the weekend, I think the panic he forced in to Wolves innadvertedly created that goal. The week before too, this time he actually got the assist, though he didn’t do anything special, he didn’t need too the fact Watford had to focus on him meant he only had to lay it off to Longstaff who had all the space in the world to blast it in the top corner. His win % with him in and out of the team is incredible too.