Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

38 minutes ago, Mike said:

This guy in an ambitious team is going to be fucking ridiculous.

Both him and Wilson deserve to be in a team with ambition. Wilson is at the peak of his career, he'll surely be thrilled to be part of something big at Newcastle just like Max.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

:lol: First of all. Fuck you.

Second, do we even need Messi in that team?

It was a (for me) good joke, couldn't not do it :lol:

I forgot to mention that it would have been peak Messi. You've got the fucking infinity stones, imagine how much fun that front three would be. 

My only fear is how he gets on with the new manager. He has prior doesn't he? Not to mention Bruce flat out saying he is late to training every day..and doesn't seem to be reprimanded for it.

This could be the greatest thing for ASM or the beginning or the road depending on what type of manager and people person we bring in. ASM has outwardly expressed the need for ambition to keep him at the club but he has also had the freedom of the city and treated like royalty. 

If he clicks with the new manager he could fulfill that world superstar potential we all know he has. Time is on his side. Ultimately it's up to him!

On 07/10/2021 at 16:15, Nobody said:

It was a (for me) good joke, couldn't not do it :lol:

I forgot to mention that it would have been peak Messi. You've got the fucking infinity stones, imagine how much fun that front three would be. 

If we've got the infinity stones, why not get really ambitious and have prime Pele, prime Messi, and Jisung Park as a front three.

Edited by oldtype

17 minutes ago, oldtype said:

I am assuming, by the way, that this person who I've never heard about is our best player.

You need to watch his highlights, man. :lol:Him and Wilson are probably the only 2 bright points of the last couple of years. 

22 minutes ago, oldtype said:

I am assuming, by the way, that this person who I've never heard about is our best player.

Mate, he is fucking amazing. Best player outside The top 6 by far, even last season before Grealish joined Man City

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

My only fear is how he gets on with the new manager. He has prior doesn't he? Not to mention Bruce flat out saying he is late to training every day..and doesn't seem to be reprimanded for it.

This could be the greatest thing for ASM or the beginning or the road depending on what type of manager and people person we bring in. ASM has outwardly expressed the need for ambition to keep him at the club but he has also had the freedom of the city and treated like royalty. 

If he clicks with the new manager he could fulfill that world superstar potential we all know he has. Time is on his side. Ultimately it's up to him!

There were claims made but I just don't see it. That said, if the late rumours are true, bearing in mind it could be a matter of seconds, it could prove troublesome once he is surrounded by top pros.

Whilst I don't put any glory on Bruce, he has certainly improved during his time here. Whether that is purely down to him having an element of freedom, I don't know. 

I guess we'll have to see. I love the guy and hope he is here for years to come, but that can change if he ever lives up to those rumours.

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Mate, he is fucking amazing. Best player outside The top 6 by far, even last season before Grealish joined Man City

I don’t even know who Grealish is. This is how far out of touch I am.

5 hours ago, toontownman said:

It's not a fear for me. If he leaves because he doesn't train properly, or doesn't fit the manager's team ethic, it will mean we've outgrown him. 

On the other hand, he's still very young, and it could be the making of him as a genuine world star if he gets it. There are signs he could become a team player if he's surrounded by the right players. He's shown he can pick a pass if it's on. It's all there if he wants it. 

47 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's not a fear for me. If he leaves because he doesn't train properly, or doesn't fit the manager's team ethic, it will mean we've outgrown him. 

On the other hand, he's still very young, and it could be the making of him as a genuine world star if he gets it. There are signs he could become a team player if he's surrounded by the right players. He's shown he can pick a pass if it's on. It's all there if he wants it. 

👍That's the key. It is a huge opportunity and probably his best. Everyone's best chance tbh. There can't be a better motivator than this. 

As you say, at the end of the day if players aren't up to it we will ship them out and get players that are better. That is the narrative shift and it will be a weird one to get used to!

48 minutes ago, toontownman said:

👍That's the key. It is a huge opportunity and probably his best. Everyone's best chance tbh. There can't be a better motivator than this. 

As you say, at the end of the day if players aren't up to it we will ship them out and get players that are better. That is the narrative shift and it will be a weird one to get used to!

There's no doubt he's done a great job as a one man band under Bruce, the sort of manager who has no idea how to construct a team, but to become a great he should relish the chance to work under a genuine coach to improve his game.