Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

I agree that St Maximin can be frustrating at times but he is still one of our best players. 

The fact that most of our attacks are down the left is proof that we are over reliant on him. If we can get a similar threat on the right wing then I'd expect St Maximin to get more goals and assists

Fresh start for Maxi next season, where our attacking threat will surely be increased significantly due to new arrivals. The awareness mantra will be drilled into him, let's see if he can adapt and up the production

Aye. Very much looking forward to seeing him alongside two or three attacking players of equal/better quality, depending on whether we go 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. He only seems to like to pass to Bruno or Wilson at the minute...

4 hours ago, Holloway said:

Fresh start for Maxi next season, where our attacking threat will surely be increased significantly due to new arrivals. The awareness mantra will be drilled into him, let's see if he can adapt and up the production

He knows what he should be doing but he decides not to do it.

16 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

He knows what he should be doing but he decides not to do it.

Looks to me like defensive work is almost unknown territory for him, body position is alien to him etc. There's been glimpses of him making the right choices last couple of outings, the little run and pass for the assist to Wilson was superb. He'll be getting on the ball more in those dangerous positions with better players around him. I feel it would be madness to release him now, if he can just adapt his game further he'll be a tremendous asset, no matter the opposition

5 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

I think about what you're trying to say here, but, when you say, "how often he gets into positions to create a chance"

From memory, there wasn't enough times from Wilson's injury, that many of our players got into positions where he could deliver, you cant make a pass that's not there. And the players who should get into the best positions and read what ASM is doing need to be switched on, but, they never were.

He’s played 86 games and he still rarely looks for any option other than what’s best for him.I see good in him,you see no bad in him.He creates space to pass to team mates in better positions.He’s very good at that,but often he ‘uses’ the player instead of using the player.Give him the ball on the half way line with 11 opposition players in front of him and more often than not he’ll go to attack them.He needs to change but so far he’s done what he wants to do.It cannot continue.I’d love to see him creating chance after chance on the right wing,where I’d like to see him personally but when a pass is the better option,he has to use that option.He has to change or has to go.

2 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Looks to me like defensive work is almost unknown territory for him, body position is alien to him etc. There's been glimpses of him making the right choices last couple of outings, the little run and pass for the assist to Wilson was superb. He'll be getting on the ball more in those dangerous positions with better players around him. I feel it would be madness to release him now, if he can just adapt his game further he'll be a tremendous asset, no matter the opposition

Good post 👍

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Aye. Very much looking forward to seeing him alongside two or three attacking players of equal/better quality, depending on whether we go 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. He only seems to like to pass to Bruno or Wilson at the minute...

Targett was an attacking fullback at Villa.That’s gone from his game and probably because of Eddie’s orders.

36 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Targett was an attacking fullback at Villa.That’s gone from his game and probably because of Eddie’s orders.

He definetly wasn't, that's why they went out and bought Digne.

Embarrassing stuff, couldn't imagine wanting to write an article like this (at a time there is such a feel-good factor around the club, especially).

Edited by Barnes23

On 25/05/2022 at 16:01, tomlynnherrington said:

eh??

On 25/05/2022 at 15:45, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I feel he has improved his team play and passing, you can see he’s trying. 

Defending is another thing though, not sure he is physically capable or mentally suited for it. It’s possible though. 

He's quick and strong, so he ought to be able to put in a tackle. But even on the occasions when he does run back to help out, he doesn't seem to know what to do, and / or looks only half-committed. 

I'd agree that he's started to adjust his game a bit though. I think it's finally sunk in that he needs to improve to remain part of the team, rather than the team needing to improve to be worthy of his presence.

On 28/05/2022 at 14:32, Barnes23 said:

Embarrassing stuff, couldn't imagine wanting to write an article like this (at a time there is such a feel-good factor around the club, especially).

This is so embarrassing, take away his keyboard. Even if he thinks that way there’s no way he should make it public right now.

’I would have nailed him’, fucking hell what a dinosaur.

Guest HTT II

Ironic as Supermac was the ultimate play for yourself type player. He’s always been a gobshite!

I must admit I'm 50 50 with him and trust Howe and his coaching staff 100%, I'll put my tin hat on here but I thought we looked more dangerous with Fraser in that position, so maybe an upgrade on him would be better.