Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

8 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

I wouldn’t sell him personally, just need to look at Man United to see how buying attacking wide players is hard, both Sancho and Antony haven’t produced like ASM, and cost a lot more.

Couldn’t of put it more succinctly myself.

If he learned how to pass and move like Miggy he’d take his game another level. Imagine him doing the ball carrying and moves + deciding nah I’m going to quickly lay it off and burn into space and receive it again. Would turn his game into the dynamo status. 

Don’t want him to leave but just cannot rely on him being fit for a prolonged period of time.

Can understand why we would cash in on him if a good offer came in. Eddie was talking about the importance of trading in regards to FFP the other day in his presser.

Do hope that we sign a winger for each side if he does go. 

8 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

I wouldn’t sell him personally, just need to look at Man United to see how buying attacking wide players is hard, both Sancho and Antony haven’t produced like ASM, and cost a lot more.

Agree, and any funds raised would go straight out the door on a replacement, with a big risk the replacement isn’t a success 

34 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We have ambition now, so I’m not worried either way. 

I don’t fear losing players, I’m only exited about who we replace them with. 

Agreed.  I’m honestly unconcerned with any player being sold under the present regime.  Doesn’t worry me one iota - I’m confident any sale would be done with the notion that it is for the best for the club & team. 

Let’s be honest, Allan would be planning his exit route if the takeover hadn’t happened.

The same is true of Almiron (who I love). They both had busy agents that hadn’t quite found the stepping stone they were sold.

They’ve both changed their tune post takeover. The debate is whether it bothers you. The club is ambitious and now our goals align with their goals they want to stay. 

Personally, my only issue is Maxi’s injury record. 

Think most people knew this tbh, who was after him ac milan or Inter? Class Class player who i'd never forget but to many injuries .would players really be told now they are up for sale mind?

Edited by astraguy

4 hours ago, Viana said:

Let’s be honest, Allan would be planning his exit route if the takeover hadn’t happened.

The same is true of Almiron (who I love). They both had busy agents that hadn’t quite found the stepping stone they were sold.

They’ve both changed their tune post takeover. The debate is whether it bothers you. The club is ambitious and now our goals align with their goals they want to stay. 

Any reasonable player with a semblence of ambition would try to get away from Mike Ashleys team that was managed by Steve Bruce.

5 hours ago, astraguy said:

Was Eddie or asm interviewed after the game?

Eddie Howe on Saint-Maximin's future: “That will be dictated by Maxi himself. He has so much ability and he’s such an important player for us when he’s at his very best fitness-wise. He’s unique, there’s no one like him in the Premier League.” #NUFC

On 28/05/2023 at 04:35, Viana said:

Could say the same with Schar, Joelinton, Longstaff. I'd have been disappointed in them as players if they'd wanted to continue hanging around under an Ashley and Bruce NUFC. 

I don't think we'd be able to bring in any better wide players for the money we'd get from Maxi and Miggy. So I vote keep. 

It's really tough thinking about how to go about this window. Eddie seemingly wants to keep a bunch of deadwood for morale, which is fine but you'll be tying some hands behind your back by doing so. 

Be a shame to see him go, he was in good form before his injury and started to look like he was considering to do some defensive work. Just a question if he can go injury free or not. 

keep him and bring another in. we have a fair few extra games next season. if he’s happy being benched often but still getting enough game time he’s still got skills we need

21 minutes ago, dave s said:

keep him and bring another in. we have a fair few extra games next season. if he’s happy being benched often but still getting enough game time he’s still got skills we need

I think he's the expendable one if we were to sign another left winger. We could still get £30m probably. Spend £40-50m on an upgrade/replacement and we still have Gordon as backup, Isak can play there, and we have the Jo-Joe combination available as well.