Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Someone put this together to show how many assists he could/should have had: https://twitter.com/LucasNUFC1/status/1663556567348936704?s=20

Looks who's on the end of three of them ... Miggy owes him some drinks. 

ASM, Willock, and even Gordon should have got more assists than they did. It's mad that we scored tons, finished 4th and yet were still very wasteful. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

ASM, Willock, and even Gordon should have got more assists than they did. It's mad that we scored tons, finished 4th and yet were still very wasteful. 

Imagine when that waste is converted! 

xA per 90:

1. De Bruyne

2. Fernandes

3. Trossard

4. ASM

I'm so torn about him. He obviously offers something that none of our other players do and I'd love it if he's still here when the new season starts. I've also been very impressed with his attitude despite not playing nearly as much as I'm sure he'd like to. However, there is no point keeping him here if Eddie doesn't really trust him because he could help fund a more significant contributor. 

It doesn't make sense economically to sell him. His underlying stats are great but his G/A output is low. Historically he's been a fit lad but he's coming off his worst season injury-wise. He's at a low point in his value despite having 3 years left on his contract.

All he has to do is stay fit and have others finish the chances he's created and he'll be worth £20m more than whatever we sell him for.

4 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

xA per 90:

1. De Bruyne

2. Fernandes

3. Trossard

4. ASM

I'm so torn about him. He obviously offers something that none of our other players do and I'd love it if he's still here when the new season starts. I've also been very impressed with his attitude despite not playing nearly as much as I'm sure he'd like to. However, there is no point keeping him here if Eddie doesn't really trust him because he could help fund a more significant contributor. 

I sometimes think why he is here. He has started tracking back a teeny weeny bit more than he did. But what stands out for me is he is now releasing the ball more and not running himself into a non foul. 

"Thanks to everyone for the support, whatever happens, I will always give everything when I have the chance to step onto the pitch"

doesn't make it sound like he's off to me, like. It reads more like he's had a difficult season and wanted to say something. 

Edited by Smal

I wonder sometimes if he feels a bit unloved. 

He was the big fish under Steve Bruce. This season he hasn't been as involved and this is the first time that talk of his departure hasn't been met with panic. It could easily leave him feeling like fans had moved on. That's why he's put these posts on. He's reaching out a bit. 

Edited by Viana

12 minutes ago, Smal said:

"Thanks to everyone for the support, whatever happens, I will always give everything when I have the chance to step onto the pitch"

doesn't make it sound like he's off to me, like. It reads more like he's had a difficult season and wanted to say something. 

Pretty much everything else is in the past tense. It's confusing 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We already need a right winger, can’t see us selling Maxi and then needing a left winger 

Only true if Eddie Howe thinks ASM is our starting LW and that Big Joe/Gordon (plus anyone we buy primarily for the right) would not be sufficient. I think it's very likely neither is true.

Just looks like a ‘haters gonna hate’ kind of post to me.

And a kind of reminder that he’s still here and what he’s done for us in the past. 

Dunno, it’s really vague. 

Guest reefatoon
5 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

He better not leave. He's the only one helping to get through tough defences, the rest can get very predictable. And would never in a million years pick Anthony Gordon over him.

We done canny last season without him for the majority of it. I’m sure we will be ok if he leaves.

Edited by reefatoon